EiA 1.01 Public Beta Uploaded (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815

Greg Wilcox -> EiA 1.01 Public Beta Uploaded (1/16/2008 11:48:42 PM)

Hi everyone,

We've uploaded v1.01 as a Public Beta via our Members Club. While we do final testing we figured we'd offer you a change to get it early as well. This is still a beta, but it's stable and solid as far as we can tell. Barring any major issues being found, this version will become the official update.

You can download this as a Registered Download as long as you have registered your Empires in Arms serial number in our Members Club (click on the MEMBERS link in the top nav bar).

DCWhitworth -> RE: EiA 1.01 Public Beta Uploaded (1/16/2008 11:55:39 PM)

Can you give us a time estimate of when the official release will be made ?

Erik Rutins -> RE: EiA 1.01 Public Beta Uploaded (1/17/2008 12:12:17 AM)

That depends on the feedback regarding the public beta. If all goes well, late next week.

Here's the 1.01 Beta Change List:

Empires in Arms, The Napoleonic Wars 1805-1815
Release Notes:

• Version 1.01 (01/10/08)
o Known Issues
 Wide screen monitors with their DPI set to something other than 96DPI can cause viewing issues making the game unplayable. Please set your CRT DPI to 96.
 Some systems may give you the message “Not Enough Storage Space To Process This Command” when trying to begin a new game. This can be related to memory / hard drive space. Please exit as many apps as you can then restart. It can also be related to some virus protection software compatibility issues (Trend).
 Pressing a key to skip the Matrix movie from playing may not always work, depending on the machines video card buffer size.
 When unit ranges are always shown, some times sea units are not clearing their ranges when a land unit is selected.
 There may be some issues with Microsoft Vista (Screen sizing errors, game not running, etc) and if you do see any difficulties then try the following:
1. Right click on the EiANW.exe file
2. Click properties
3. Click the compatibility tab
4. Check off the compatibility mode and then switch to something other than Vista.
o Standard Fixes
 Must be able to intercept neutral fleets carrying enemy forces
• Changed so that any stack carrying a hostile force (loaned forces org owner also applies) can be intercepted and attacked BUT you must issue a DOW costing 4pp before this can be done.
 "LAND PHASE (high priority): Add to section 10.4.1 General Land Movement Rules, Subsection: Movement Allowances:
• The following minor countries will have their infantry corps movement allowance increased to “4” when they become French controlled Free States or components of a French controlled Confederation of the Rhine: Baden, Bavaria, Denmark, Hanover, Hesse, Holland, Lombardy, Naples, Piedmont, Poland, Portugal, Saxony, Sweden, Switzerland, Venetia, and Wurttemburg"
• NOTE: This is fixed in new games started at 1.01 and later

 When Spain loaned a corps that had Castanos was attached to, the program allowed it even though there were no other corps to take Castanos. There was a depot but that should not be allowed. Now Castanos will be left alone (violation of 13.8). To duplicate: loan the Spanish corps in Cadiz to the British and advance game to land phase.
• Also eliminated error message that seemed to always happen to units without a leader "Unit has no leader"
 Factors can be illegally added by subtracting factors in setup phase then loading the default setup
 Game lockup in diplomacy phase. Seems to be related to MP being in the fiasco zone.
• This actually was linked to being at war with certain minors being checked to see if a surrender is eminent
 Game lockup when Eco manipulation is not being used!
 Receiving a "Could not CKEY in TB_GET_EIA_TABLES" error in trivial combats with depot garrisons
 When in the Setup Phase, if you attempt to remove a unit from the map using the appropriate button, but then in the confirmation window, you change your mind and click the “No” button; the program incorrectly responds and takes the factors from that unit, leaving you with an empty counter on the map. It should remove the unit too.
 Receiving divide by zero error when trying to lend money to an MP
 Naval combats where a force loses all of its ships BUT loses less than the opponent should be draws
 While ceding a province in eco phase, the garrison was repatriated to a city that was already full!
• Could never duplicate BUT did identify problem with code.
 While besieging Kamenetz (on the map), the log said the besieged forces in Nemirov foraged successfully. Of course, Nemirov is the name of Podolia's capital on the original EiA map.
 Depots placed in the setup phase are not being credited with starting in this thus are not being shown as a part of a valid supply chain.
 Spanish gold modifier is being set wrong.
• NOTE! Could never duplicate BUT did identify problem with code.
 Silesia provincial capital was set as Glogau and not Breslau
• NOTE! This will only be reflected in new games going forward
 Need to spell "elidgible" proper way which is "eligible"
 Able to empty a corps unit in the land combat phase!
 Linz not allowing depot to be placed when it is a valid are in a supply chain
 Cannot downgrade Sweden when it has its own or allied forces present.
 Getting RKEY error GET_NATION_MOD in a field combat AFTER a trivial combat
 Game lockup in reinforcement phase when reinforcing a corps in a city allows you to over-garrison the city.
 When more than 2 nations are stacked in sea area, this could cause problems when selecting your stack to attack an enemy. The message could come back as "You do not control this stack"
 Naval battles loading some stats from previous naval battles
• This will only be available in games started with version 1.01 or later
 AI not taking militia casualties when they are all that is left
 GBR trade values not correct (Looks to not be adding both values of her conquered minors.
 Need to eliminate "undo placement of factors message" and also streamline PC messages (AI playing diplomacy etc.)
 Ottoman morale needs to be 1 inf 2 cav for all MP owners EXCEPT Turkey at which point the morale readings should be 2 inf and 3 cav.
 Need to update in game manual and addendum.
 Need to automate insurrection restoration in the eco phase in December
 Access is denied message is happening when AI asking for access to a human ally.
 Leader casualties moved to 1 in 36
 Not able to place depots in conquered minor districts
 Also not being allowed to assault after winning a field combat in minor conquered district with minor forces
 Manpower is being collected from ceded MP provinces
 Cannot take casualties from units past the top left location on the second page of units in combat.
 Cav factors not being added when checking for an under garrisoned city.
 GBR receiving an extra 1$ in trade
• This was in Norway's port which had its trade values backwards. Fixed in new games forward!
 Cannot move across sea crossings in Winter months
 Receiving error message "Cannot insert line" in surrender screen
• There were a few more issues dealing with formal request and accept conditional check boxes being swtiched!
 All loaned corps need to be returned when alliance is broken
 Unconditional was mis-spelled in prompt to accept Unconditional surrender.
 Need to change the prompt to accept unconditional surrender so that it does not cancel all others, when denied.
 Need to disable the loaning of a loaned corps
 Hot seat passwords not being created in hot seat games with some AI players and one ore more human players.
 Passwords appear to not be resetting when starting new game during a current game.
 Game crash in AI diplomacy phase!
 This happened when two allies were present in one ally's cede major province AND that area was being looked at by the AI to see if a move could make it through
 Game lockup when advancing from reinf phase!
• This was due to an overgarrisoned city (Amsterdam) Corps is being booted then replaced!
 Freestate spinner actually rolling backwards around 1814
 Cavalry bonus being given when no cav units available!
• This was also adding mods in assault vs defend that were wrong (Happens in ALL non cav combat)
 Turkish Crimea corps needs to be cav corps
• This is only fixed in new games started with 1.01 or later.
 Getting error "Not enough storage space to process command"
• This is due to a lack of free memory. Added error message that will indicate the mem issue and exit the program
 Hint text needs to be changed in top nation label to read "Right Click - Zoom to capital"
 Getting invalid return error when building forces in a minor FS with no corps
 A Major Power already at war with another Major Power may not declare war on other Major Powers if unbesieged enemy corps are inside its home nation.Need to remove the ability for cossacks/freikorps to act as corps.
 Multiple PBEM battles are being allowed to be executed at the same time
 Need to have minor nations release MP prisoners back to their conquering MP
 Need to eliminate the possible purchase of leaders in the eco phase!
 Passwords becoming corrupted in extended games.
 Program allowing MP1 to surrender to MP2 and MP2 to surrender to MP1 in the same month!
 Changed so that the higher PS MP will get the surrender
 Neutral MP that is blockading a hostile port that get's assaulted and lost to another neutral MP is losing their blockading ships
• Programmed so that they goto sea to an adjacent area
 Engine is allowing hostile MP to move into and steal a minor from a neutral MP that is already in nation
• Making AI stay away from areas that have neutral MP forces attempting to conquer a minor FIRST.
 Not being allowed to build a depot in a cede MP province (Had to be cede to an ally that you have access to)
 Garrison being evacuated without a siege after rural forces lose a battle
 Fleets are being allowed to move after declaring an attack of a stack in a sea area
 Amphib operations in PBEM games can leave land units back in starting land area
 PBEM combat with AI will have to be resolved by computer to allow AI to finish its turn and avoid complex 3rd party added file exchanges.
 Need to add ally calling into news headlines
 Cossack and Freikorps are costing in unit maintenance
 Complicated path message coming from having another MP in your freestate
 Cannot see unit graphics when dbl-clicking a loaded unit
 Conditional and unconditional are misspelled
 Fleets going to wrong location after successfully lifting a blockade.
 Some units not being allowed to move out of a city where a freestate corps is positioned.
 Damietta has the wrong forage mods in Winter
• Was defaulted in the wrong weather zone. This is fixed in new games going forward.

o AI Fixes and Enhancements
 AI illegally DOWing minor with MP's own forces present!
 AI illegally reinforcing garrison in capital city
 AI: Need to pay more attention to MPs strategic value when DOWing (Prussia DOWs GBR way too much)

o Enhancements
 Need to add sound effects and music controls for enabling and disabling
 Would be easier to see moves left at the bottom of the units is it were a darker color text
• Changed to Black
 Need to flag cavalry leaders!
• Added a (CAV!) message after the leader's name in the selected unit box
 Need to add a warning if a player has factors coming due in the next quarter BUT has no corps purchased to place them in.
 Need to set the Lille channle crossing as optional
• Good in new games going forward
 Need to add the fog of war as an option which will regulate the amount of AI vs AI battle info that players see
• Good in new games going forward
 Need to add a news event banner at the beginning of the reinf phase to show surrenders and DOWs. Also need to add ally calling into news headlines
• You can replay these headlines as banners by rt clicking on the status text window then selecting "replay headlines"

• Version 1.00 (Became Self aware at 12-02-07 3:24 PM CT)
o Known Issues
 Pressing a key to skip the Matrix movie from playing may not always work, depending on the machines video card buffer size.
 When unit ranges are always shown, some times sea units are not clearing their ranges when a land unit is selected.
 There may be some issues with Microsoft Vista (Screen sizing errors, game not running, etc) and if you do see any difficulties then try the following:
1. Right click on the EiANW.exe file
2. Click properties
3. Click the compatibility tab
4. Check off the compatibility mode and then switch to something other than Vista.

tgb -> RE: EiA 1.01 Public Beta Uploaded (1/17/2008 12:56:56 AM)

I'm still trying to get my serial number so I can apply the patch. Is it in an .ini file by chance?

gwheelock -> RE: EiA 1.01 Public Beta Uploaded (1/17/2008 1:12:10 AM)

Did you get your game via download?  if so its in the email confirmation
you got for the purchase.

sw30 -> RE: EiA 1.01 Public Beta Uploaded (1/17/2008 1:32:37 AM)

It's also in the ini file in your install folder.

tgb -> RE: EiA 1.01 Public Beta Uploaded (1/17/2008 1:41:17 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sw30

That's what I needed - thanks.

yammahoper -> RE: EiA 1.01 Public Beta Uploaded (1/17/2008 2:07:58 AM)

Played with the patch tonight. Looked good.  Really liked the surrender and declarations of war notices.

However, France unconditionally surrendered to France in one pop up.  Very strange.

yamma

Marshall Ellis -> RE: EiA 1.01 Public Beta Uploaded (1/17/2008 2:10:25 AM)

yamma:

Huh??? That is a bit odd. Did the surrender happen or just reported as a news event?

pzgndr -> RE: EiA 1.01 Public Beta Uploaded (1/17/2008 3:48:35 AM)

Sorry to pick a nit, but it looks like no changes were made to the wgserrs.txt and wgslabels.txt files in the /Data directory? There are still a few mis-spellings: procede, elidgible, guerilla, agressor, etc. These are easy for anyone to correct with a text editor. Use Spellcheck! [;)]

Another nit. There should be some consistency regarding capitalization. Some of those text files have all words capitalized in a message and some don't. Someplaces have Click DONE and others have Click Done. Minor stuff, but again easily corrected. Somebody should go through all those files and clean them up for v1.02. If you'd like a volunteer, let me know. [:)]

sw30 -> RE: EiA 1.01 Public Beta Uploaded (1/17/2008 8:50:52 AM)

Sorry, wrong file name. It's a file called serialreg.txt in your install folder...

quote:

ORIGINAL: tgb

quote:

ORIGINAL: sw30

That's what I needed - thanks.

ess1 -> RE: EiA 1.01 Public Beta Uploaded (1/17/2008 1:05:36 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Greg Wilcox

Hi everyone,

We've uploaded v1.01 as a Public Beta via our Members Club. While we do final testing we figured we'd offer you a change to get it early as well. This is still a beta, but it's stable and solid as far as we can tell. Barring any major issues being found, this version will become the official update.

You can download this as a Registered Download as long as you have registered your Empires in Arms serial number in our Members Club (click on the MEMBERS link in the top nav bar).

Hi Greg,

Thanks for info. Unfortunately I cannot see the patch listed.
As of now:
"Crown of Glory: Europe in the Age of Napoleon Crown of Glory Patch v.1.2.25 English (34mb) 4 AUG 2006
Empires in Arms Empires In Arms PBEM Game Assistance Program 5 DEC 2007
Flashpoint Germany Flashpoint Germany Patch v1.13 (85.5mb) 29 NOV 2007"

ess1 -> RE: EiA 1.01 Public Beta Uploaded (1/18/2008 12:08:39 PM)

Still cannot see the patch.   Am I the only one?
I have registered and game is listed amongst my holdings.

General von Alien -> RE: EiA 1.01 Public Beta Uploaded (1/18/2008 12:32:44 PM)

quote:

Still cannot see the patch. Am I the only one?

You follow this path:

Members Home -> My Games -> Empires in Arms/Private Downloads (right column)-> and then you should see the beta patch.

I hope I would be helpful [:)]

ess1 -> RE: EiA 1.01 Public Beta Uploaded (1/18/2008 5:31:55 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: General von Alien

quote:

You follow this path:

Members Home -> My Games -> Empires in Arms/Private Downloads (right column)-> and then you should see the beta patch.

Thank you very much for your very prompt and helpful reply.
I did not know you had to click on Private Downloads!

Marc von Martial -> RE: EiA 1.01 Public Beta Uploaded (1/19/2008 12:53:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: yammahoper@yahoo.com
However, France unconditionally surrendered to France...

Aside from the bug. The irony in this is plain hilarious [:D]

ETF -> RE: EiA 1.01 Public Beta Uploaded (1/20/2008 8:36:51 PM)

quote:

quote:

You follow this path:

I must admit Matrix has a strange way of hiding patches........Still after all these years takes me 2-3 tries to find a patch :(

ETF -> RE: EiA 1.01 Public Beta Uploaded (1/20/2008 8:41:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ess1

quote:

quote:

You follow this path:

Thank you very much for your very prompt and helpful reply.
I did not know you had to click on Private Downloads!

Funny has all my other games but not EiA.............oh well back to customer service AGAIN.

Arrgh.......Why not just have a tab for patches and Updates. Too simple I guess :)

No patch for me......

Erik Rutins -> RE: EiA 1.01 Public Beta Uploaded (1/20/2008 8:46:06 PM)

ETF,

Did you register your copy of EIA? We only put Beta patches in this private location, so that they don't accidentally get picked up as "official" by other game sites. Official patches we put in the public downloads area where they are quite easy to fine.

Anyway, if you registered your copy of EIA in the Members Club, it would show up there so my guess is you haven't yet registered it?

Regards,

- Erik

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI