What about all-WWII game? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

Mitia Andreev N. -> What about all-WWII game? (7/5/2001 5:33:00 AM)

You did a great job - Sea and land campaigns of WWII are done (the main campaigns). So, why not make an all-WWII game? With politics, economy, and all-over-the-globe war. I always wanted to invade US via Carribean using plan Z German Navy... :-). Cheers. Mitia.

Warpup -> (7/5/2001 10:06:00 AM)

Good to see a kindred soul! I've been begging for that kind of game. I even wrote to 2by3 on the topic, suggesting a spherical playing surface (isn't that what the world is?) and a system designed to be played by groups PBEM sending in orders to be executed by a host computer. It would be a blast! :D

cavscout -> (7/17/2001 5:06:00 AM)

I made a post about the same. It's listed as "WWII game idea". It seems as though alot of people want a game like that. Maybe someone could get a survey or petition of sorts going and sent it along with game ideas to a company such as 2by3.

sinner -> (7/17/2001 5:21:00 AM)

This sounds great! But... this goes beyond SPWaW. Maybe a renewal of "Pacific War" can do it. Like "Atlantic War" with a linking so you can play both altogether... mmm ... ;)

MagnusOlsson -> (7/17/2001 8:54:00 PM)

2by3 has been asked about this before, there's a link to an interview on their site: (http://www.dergrenadier.de/specials/2by3interview/interview.htm#ie) Pzm: A dream of all wargamers would be a game which will handle the whole WW2. Everything should be possible in such a game, for example a map from the whole world and the allied player would have to lead all allied nations, inclusive the USSR. On the other side, the Axis player would have to handle all axis troops and their allies like Japan. In short words: A game like "War in Russia" which will take place on the whole world. Is something like this in Your thoughts or plans for the future? J.B.: Not immediately, although you may see a WWII in Europe game from us in the next few years. Doing the whole world is something we‘ve talked about, but will have to wait while we develop some game systems we might like to use for it.

VictorH -> (7/18/2001 8:28:00 AM)

Count me in for a Grand WWII Campaign Game! At one time there was a game called High Command that tried and failed. I bet if Gary G. and the rest of the 2by3 and Matrix gang could develope a great game if they put thier minds to it. :D

MarkFroio -> (7/19/2001 11:42:00 PM)

Check out this site for just such a game. They're working on a computer game too. It's under products near the bottom. Australian Design Group

Ranger-75 -> (7/24/2001 4:22:00 AM)

I would like to see a combination of Western Front and War in Russia. They both have the same basic game system and WF actually has the German AGs in it (but their only purpose is for their divisions to get "shattered" every turn which draws off German replacements). I would immediately purchase such an item, having liked both of the individual efforts. BTW, is Gary Grigsby associated with Matrix in any manner? The excellent updates (WIR and PacWar) were Grigsby designs...

SoleSurvivor -> (7/26/2001 4:08:00 AM)

What do you think? all 2 (with italy: 3) mayor axis players and all western players controlled by one person or individually? what about declarations of war: historic or player-driven? what about historic events? tech development historical/player controlled? Chance of Rebellion in a country if losses are too high or "total war" effort too negative? Special forces (SS, Guards, etc jap navy/ army) separate colours / organisations or same? Colonial troops? There is a lot of "what if" possible with such a game. The big bad bomb should be out of question before 1945 (if at all) or game balance would be lost to a "get ready before the bomb" or "hold them off until we have the bomb" strategy. What about a disintegration of suiss in 1940, parts joining Germany/France before the western campaign? Hypothetical neutral US?

Sabre21 -> (7/26/2001 6:49:00 AM)

There was an old board game called World in Flames that basically does what everyone here seems to want. I still have that game tucked away in a back closet somewheres. Sabre21

bobaloo000 -> (7/27/2001 4:50:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by Sabre21: There was an old board game called World in Flames that basically does what everyone here seems to want. I still have that game tucked away in a back closet somewheres. Sabre21
Follow Max's link. It sounds like you might be reunited with an old friend.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI