Why I don't play PS anymore (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball

Beach23BoyP -> Why I don't play PS anymore (1/22/2008 3:07:26 PM)

1) The on-field "fonts" are just too small.
2) I definitely still want a user expandable and editiable "play by play" xml file.
3) A smaller field (this would allow for a bigger lineup screen -- one that does overlap the field. OOTP6.5 type). I still detest the animated ball flight and I desire for the return of the lines.
4) Running accessable box score and log file.

Wishing Shaun the best!

puresimmer -> RE: Why I don't play PS anymore (1/22/2008 4:24:02 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Beach23BoyP

1) The on-field "fonts" are just too small.
2) I definitely still want a user expandable and editiable "play by play" xml file.
3) A smaller field (this would allow for a bigger lineup screen -- one that does overlap the field. OOTP6.5 type). I still detest the animated ball flight and I desire for the return of the lines.
4) Running accessable box score and log file.

Wishing Shaun the best!

#1 - The next version will be resolution independent and will allow for resize all the way to 1920x1200 so you should like that.

#2 - Not sure how many people are excited about that. I actually like the crisp pace of a PS game and get a little tired of reading text

#3 - See #1, I have a lot of ideas of what to do with more real estate than 1024x768

#3b - It wouln't be a post from you without mentioning that you want the "line" back :) I think you may be the only user in history who prefered the old line on the field to the animated ball flight.

#4 - I agree, the game needs work here

Frozen Stiffer -> RE: Why I don't play PS anymore (1/22/2008 5:58:47 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: puresimmer

...I think you may be the only user in history who prefered the old line on the field to the animated ball flight.

I just wanted to drop in my 2 cents.

To be honest, I feel the same way; I hate the animated ball flight. I turned off this feature the minute I realized it and haven't turned it back on since. I loved the lines and wish they could come back- heck, even an option where the user can chose between 'line' or 'ball flight' would be perfectly acceptable.

GNDN -> RE: Why I don't play PS anymore (1/22/2008 6:19:10 PM)

I kind of go the other way about the line:  I like the animated ball flight.  Yes, it could use a bit of tweaking (I had one instance the animation showed the ball going to the wall in right center and then the caption says "popped up to the 2B") but I find myself going 'come on, carry, carry, get out of here!' under my breath a lot.

Also, since I just bought a 24" monitor, I salivate at the thought of playing at 1920 x 1200.

KG Erwin -> RE: Why I don't play PS anymore (1/22/2008 6:41:53 PM)

Well, I personally enjoy the animated ballflight, but maybe an option should be provided.

cdvalenta -> RE: Why I don't play PS anymore (1/22/2008 6:43:48 PM)

I actually like the animated ball flight as well, I could never go back to those lines - I almost swithched to another game because off them. I was so excited when they were gone in PS2007. It adds a lot of suspense hoping a ball will carry out or fall just short of going out. There is always the option to shut the ball flight off.

I do agree that expanded play by play would be great - anything that improves the in-game managing environment and options would be great.

PadresFan104 -> RE: Why I don't play PS anymore (1/22/2008 7:06:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: puresimmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Beach23BoyP

Wishing Shaun the best!

#3 - See #1, I have a lot of ideas of what to do with more real estate than 1024x768

This is the most exciting thing I've read on these boards in months!!! I'd LOVE to see a revamped PSPNCast screen!!!!!

slider15 -> RE: Why I don't play PS anymore (1/22/2008 9:15:27 PM)

I agree with those who like the ball flight.

SpharV2 -> RE: Why I don't play PS anymore (1/23/2008 1:13:50 AM)

And I agree with those who want expandable/editable PbP, if it's user editable, I think the community could probably pump out a couple of more/less verbose options fairly quickly.  Naturally, if that would be a huge time investment, there are better things to work on, but at least you'd probably only have to do it once.

dneely -> RE: Why I don't play PS anymore (1/23/2008 1:30:12 AM)

Absolutely love the ball flight! I could not stand the "lines" !!

More PBP for me
In game access to the box score!
More manager options such as playing in etc.
era specific XML files (I will NEVER give up on this one!)

More info on what Shaun has on the drawing board for 9?????????????????????????????

Nukester -> RE: Why I don't play PS anymore (1/23/2008 1:57:03 AM)

I dont think I ever played PS when it had "lines" but I like the animated ball flight for sure

motnahp -> RE: Why I don't play PS anymore (1/23/2008 4:59:22 AM)

I don't have any cents (sense) to give on this, other than to say I was happy with the lines. I looked at the ball flight and it was kind of cutesy, but I turned it off and haven't looked again. My eyes tend to stay focused on the bottom of the screen for the scrolling play-by-play and watching my pitchers ERAs rise like a pinball machine score.

Whatever you do, never, ever, get rid of that "dramatic pause" before a home run. That was genius!!! One thing that would make it even MORE genius would be to have the pause occasionally followed by either "John Smith flies out to deep ____field", or "Long foul ball down the ____field line".

JimboJ -> RE: Why I don't play PS anymore (1/23/2008 6:00:42 AM)

+1 for expanded play-by-play. 

With all due respect Shaun, please don't make decisions on features based soley on the way you play the game.  I know its your game, and you can do whatever you damn well please.  But I think there are alot of people who like to take their time and enjoy the subtleties of the game, and not just rush through the game to see who wins and look at the boxscore.  Other things along these lines, like pitch by pitch mode, more mangerial decisions, rare plays, rain delays, etc. would greatly enahance this sim.

Why not make the expanded PBP an option, then you can play the way you want, and we can play the way we want.

puresimmer -> RE: Why I don't play PS anymore (1/23/2008 7:44:03 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JimboJ

+1 for expanded play-by-play. 

With all due respect Shaun, please don't make decisions on features based soley on the way you play the game.  I know its your game, and you can do whatever you damn well please.  But I think there are alot of people who like to take their time and enjoy the subtleties of the game, and not just rush through the game to see who wins and look at the boxscore.  Other things along these lines, like pitch by pitch mode, more mangerial decisions, rare plays, rain delays, etc. would greatly enahance this sim.

Why not make the expanded PBP an option, then you can play the way you want, and we can play the way we want.

Believe me, I am about 99% community, 1% Shaun when it comes to new features. That said, a dynamic pbp feature with enough text out of the box is probably beyond the scope of what I can get done before the next release. Of course there is no rush.

EricB -> RE: Why I don't play PS anymore (1/26/2008 7:19:40 PM)

Here's another vote for animated ball flight (with some tweaks) - I can always tell when it's going foul that it's gonna be caught (no drama), and I argee with GNDN that where the ball falls doesn't always seem to match up with the info, (i.e. ball well over the wall gets caught, or deep looking ball gets caught by infielder).

Also a vote for accessable in game box score and game log.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI