Control of hexes after conquest (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Guns of August 1914 - 1918

Lascar -> Control of hexes after conquest (1/23/2008 11:44:00 PM)

There seems to be some ambiguities and inconsistency with control of hexes after a country is conquered and surrenders. For example, Serbia may surrender and there will be a few hexes that were Serbian controlled after the surrender. They remain Serbian controlled (Serbian flags in hexes) and if the CP wants to enter those hexes it will be forced to expend HQ points or use a cavalry unit (if it is open terrain).

Should the conquering country be able to freely transit through all hexes of the conquered country? Would this be a more historically accurate solution to these hex control ambiguities?

wargamer123 -> RE: Control of hexes after conquest (1/24/2008 7:41:22 AM)

Lascar, I noticed the same with Serbia. I should think historically the nations who willingly submitted should turn over the hexes.

Serbia would've been one of those less willing, though it shouldn't matter too too much with her. It's possible recon territory, possible re-entry territory and if you Blitzkrieg certain nations it's definitely going to hurt possibly as you capture the cities, ignore the rest of the country and expect it to capitulate

Lascar -> RE: Control of hexes after conquest (1/25/2008 1:29:12 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: wargamer123

Lascar, I noticed the same with Serbia. I should think historically the nations who willingly submitted should turn over the hexes.

Serbia would've been one of those less willing, though it shouldn't matter too too much with her. It's possible recon territory, possible re-entry territory and if you Blitzkrieg certain nations it's definitely going to hurt possibly as you capture the cities, ignore the rest of the country and expect it to capitulate

In one of the PBEM games I am currently playing. The Ottoman Empire just surrendered. You would think this would open the way to the Black Sea and Russia. But Constantinople is still showing a German control flag. Now, if the Germans decided to violate Ottoman territory and take it after the surrender that would make sense and they would have to declare war on the Turks and expend resources to do it. But simply having possession by default after the surrender seems a bit strange. Once an ally country surrenders you would think they would expel their former allies as part of the surrender settlement.

SMK-at-work -> RE: Control of hexes after conquest (1/25/2008 3:29:56 AM)

Yes and in our game the whole of the Brest-litovsk territory hasn't become German, so I'm missing out on food that still shows as russian.

tehre are still major problems in this area IMO.

wargamer123 -> RE: Control of hexes after conquest (1/25/2008 8:29:28 AM)

There will have to be a house rule on the Strait, there is noway to stop it...until the patches fix it. You cannot violate the whole of the Black Sea because of a bug... even the food and raw hex would pee me off, but that will have to be dependant on a few factors...there is noway to fix it for either side at this time, so there will have to be Nation Cleaners sweeping through? Can you liberate these hexes for your side with German units on non-HQ Movement...

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI