Broken Sabers Is Indeed Broken (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series

jreebel -> Broken Sabers Is Indeed Broken (1/25/2008 5:34:27 AM)

Decided to play what looked like a quick and fun scenario this evening against the AI - Broken Sabers. Started over 4 times because I thought I was getting stuck in a loop because my computer had been on too long. Rebooted before the 4th time and it seemed to be ok - for a while. ThenI noticed that the Russian Cavalry could fire when mounted - but the horses have a fire cost of zero and that seems to be what counts. I had several instances where Russian Op Fire would keep shooting until the Germans finally sustained damage no matter how long it took. Finally gave up on turn 9 (of 10) when a Russian unit kept firing at a German in an IP in a forest with an attack factor of 2. Seemed like it would go on forever, so I hit the old Ctrl-Alt-Del combo and bailed.

Hard to believe that something this obivious - units firing at no cost - could go unfixed.

Jason Petho -> RE: Broken Sabers Is Indeed Broken (1/25/2008 5:57:39 AM)

It snuck in with the 1.02 UPDATE.

Have you added the 1.02B TEMPORARY PATCH?

Jason Petho

jimair1 -> RE: Broken Sabers Is Indeed Broken (1/25/2008 4:13:35 PM)

That calvary squad was left over fron the czarist days a special elite troop that never runs out of ammo  ;)

jreebel -> RE: Broken Sabers Is Indeed Broken (1/28/2008 7:20:14 PM)

I have added the 102B patch. Did it a couple of months ago.

jreebel -> RE: Broken Sabers Is Indeed Broken (1/29/2008 4:38:27 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jason Petho

It snuck in with the 1.02 UPDATE.

Have you added the 1.02B TEMPORARY PATCH?

Jason Petho

I double checked this evening and I did indeed add that patch. And I just got half way thru the Ambush scenario and ran into the same problem there. I guess no more playing any scenarios with horses until 1.03?

Jason Petho -> RE: Broken Sabers Is Indeed Broken (1/29/2008 5:43:43 AM)

Unfortunately, it seems that way.

Fortunately, 1.03 is just around the corner.

Jason Petho

jreebel -> RE: Broken Sabers Is Indeed Broken (1/30/2008 3:54:07 AM)

I was already looking forward to it. Now even more so. Thanks for all the work you put into this, Jason

Jason Petho -> RE: Broken Sabers Is Indeed Broken (1/30/2008 5:06:21 AM)

Thank you! Too kind!

Without the BETA BRIGADE and the rest of the CAMPAIGN SERIES LEGION, this wouldn't be possible.

Thanks to them all!

Jason Petho

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI