order of combat in GoA (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Guns of August 1914 - 1918

tsarnicholas -> order of combat in GoA (1/25/2008 10:58:33 PM)

I have noticed that combat seems simultaneous, but the manual says that the defender fires first, and extracts losses from the attacker before the attacker gets to fire. From the combat results this is not the case. Using the formulas in the manual, it looks like both sides at the same time. Has anyone else seen this?

hjaco -> RE: order of combat in GoA (1/25/2008 11:36:02 PM)

The defender always fires first and inflicts casualties first.

Similarly casualties and endurance loss from artillery barrage which also happens before combat resolution is not depicted in any way in the combat result screen.

But you have to remember that combat results are randomized and so some combat results are in fact highly "unfair" if you can put it like that [;)]

wargamer123 -> RE: order of combat in GoA (1/26/2008 5:33:07 AM)

Hjaco, with the random factor though you are supposedly simulating the "what if" factor

So say my troops arrive a little late and it's raining, and they can't quite get into position, or perhaps a few of your Subordinate Commanders are disloyal, or you have a rash of Trench foot amongst your troops... there are countless random factors that this game can never reveal but to make it 110% mathematical you will get rid of the reality of war actually because you can never count all the factors that go into a Battle or into anything dealing with this sort of business, only get close to guessing

hjaco -> RE: order of combat in GoA (1/26/2008 8:41:41 AM)

eh what's your point wargame123 ?

wargamer123 -> RE: order of combat in GoA (1/26/2008 11:42:58 AM)

This type of game has a small variable toward luck...

ultimately

Toby42 -> RE: order of combat in GoA (1/26/2008 3:31:19 PM)

So if both sides move unit(s) to an empty hex, who is the attacker???

wargamer123 -> RE: order of combat in GoA (1/26/2008 3:51:54 PM)

owner is a defender, attacker is the one attempting to attain control of the hex

Toby42 -> RE: order of combat in GoA (1/26/2008 3:54:51 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: wargamer123

owner is a defender, attacker is the one attempting to attain control of the hex

That makes sense! Thanks

hjaco -> RE: order of combat in GoA (1/27/2008 10:36:12 AM)

I am actually not quite certain about whether control of that hex changes immediately upon entry by an enemy of after combat resolution phase.

Franck -> RE: order of combat in GoA (1/28/2008 9:35:12 PM)

No attacker is not the one trying to take control of the Hex. Attacker is the one who last moved in the hex. You can easily see this when you ''attack'' your onw hexes that were near the front line, even tough you never activated a unit and moved in a freindly hex.

Regards.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI