Noob with a Technical Question (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series

madDdog67 -> Noob with a Technical Question (1/26/2008 2:50:08 AM)

I just got this game yesterday, and I've spent several hours trying to figure out the mechanics...this is a *very* deep game! My first question is a technical one, though...my desktop is set to 1900x1200, and it looks like AT defaults to the desktop resolution. I'm currently confining myself to very small 10x10 or 12x12 random maps...and at my desktop res, the entire map takes up less than 1/4 of my monitor [X(]. Is there any way to force AT to a different resolution? I know I can do it by changing the desktop res, but that re-arranges all my icons...much to my chagrin! I poked around a bit looking for a config file, but didn't see one. Does anyone have any ideas? Much thanks!!

hadberz -> RE: Noob with a Technical Question (1/26/2008 4:41:26 AM)

I don't think there is an option in game for that. I run my monitor at 1440x900 and have the same thing happen.

PDiFolco -> RE: Noob with a Technical Question (1/27/2008 12:32:33 AM)

Yep the devs stated the game ran at desktop res only. Don't think it's possible to play windowed mode either, so only solution is to reduce you desktop res before playing I fear... [:o]

seille -> RE: Noob with a Technical Question (1/27/2008 11:38:06 AM)

There are programs available that you can use to save your desktop layout and later you can restore.
So when you come back from other resolution and your icons are in a mess you simply use the restore function and everything is fine.
The program i use is called "layout", but it has a german description. I´m sure there are similar ones available.
Just google for.

madDdog67 -> RE: Noob with a Technical Question (1/27/2008 11:28:33 PM)

Thanks for the responses...I stumbled on the "restore" feature built into XP the other day, maybe I'll give it a whirl. I was hoping for a little trick like a command line add on. Many of the EA games won't run in widescreen resolutions unless you specify that in the shortcut. I might suggest that to the developer, since I think we're going to be seeing a lot more monitors that run in 1900x1200, and just about every 22" monitor out there already runs 1680x1050 these days...so that's another res. where the user might want to see things a little bigger.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI