Thinking about purchase (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Modern Tactics

22sec -> Thinking about purchase (1/26/2008 5:24:58 PM)

I'm on the verge of purchasing CCMT, but have some questions?

Are there plans for further expansion of units, ie German, Isreali, etc? Or can these be modded into the game?

How leathal are the OPFOR units? Example of bad would be in Combat Mission Shock Force I just watched a Technical w/Recoiless Rifle knock out 2 Bradleys[X(].

I've seen a number of new maps out there already, but how hard is it to make maps?

Scenerio editor, how much can you edit?

Thanks.....BTW this would be my FIFTH Matrix Game...do I get a prize[;)]

Perturabo -> RE: Thinking about purchase (1/26/2008 11:05:07 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: 21SEC
Are there plans for further expansion of units, ie German, Isreali, etc? Or can these be modded into the game?

Judging by language .txt files, I think that there's place for one more nation to be modded into game.

quote:

How leathal are the OPFOR units? Example of bad would be in Combat Mission Shock Force I just watched a Technical w/Recoiless Rifle knock out 2 Bradleys[X(].

It depends. Regular rifle squads have RPG7s, while dedicated hunter-killer teams have the newest RPGs that can knock out allied tanks and montanyans have Russian ATGMs.
Technicals with recoilless rifles can knock out Bradleys in CCMT, why it would be bad?

quote:

I've seen a number of new maps out there already, but how hard is it to make maps?

Well, making maps for CC is hard, requires graphical skills and a lot of patience.

quote:

Scenerio editor, how much can you edit?

You can set up whenever the game ends because of morale or not, deploy/game times, deployments zones for every player, victory locations, landmark labels, four types and support - their amount and after how much game time they become available, briefing text
and units for each player (which can be locked so that players wouldn't be able to change units).

red07 -> RE: Thinking about purchase (2/25/2008 8:43:07 PM)

Hey 21SEC,

Did you ever get around to finishing that Div. 1 NCAA College League you were working on for Maximum Football? I'd love to check it out. Thanks.

Red

Andrew Williams -> RE: Thinking about purchase (2/25/2008 9:11:10 PM)

http://closecombat.matrixgames.com/

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI