Playback View Size Problem (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> TOAW III Support

brucekg -> Playback View Size Problem (1/29/2008 1:54:46 PM)

In the PBEM game I am experiencing two problems.

1. I can not change view size. It is stuck on small, by this I mean small icons. When ever I try to change the view size I get, "Invalid Parent Unit" Dialog box and exit.

2. I do not recv the detailed battle dialog boxes for each battle. I do get these during my turn.

Thank you.

Heldenkaiser -> RE: Playback View Size Problem (1/29/2008 2:08:18 PM)

I believe this - both - is the way it is supposed to be. I have never seen it any other way.

You can have your opponent send you the sitrep log with the turn. That way, you can review at least the location and outcome of the battles during your opponent's turn.

brucekg -> RE: Playback View Size Problem (1/29/2008 5:06:18 PM)

My recall of TOAW 1 & 2 were that I saw the map in the "correct" size and recv'd the battle results dialogs.

JAMiAM -> RE: Playback View Size Problem (1/29/2008 6:55:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: brucekg

My recall of TOAW 1 & 2 were that I saw the map in the "correct" size and recv'd the battle results dialogs.

Are you sure you're not confusing single-player, with PBEM? You do get full sized playback and combat results in single-player. I can't speak for TOAW I & II, but with CoW, the PBEM playback was the small video mode, and there were no detailed battle results generated.

In PBEM, you only get the news events that correspond to attacks and defenses of named locations, unless you are generating a sitrep to send along with the turn.

ColinWright -> RE: Playback View Size Problem (1/29/2008 9:16:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JAMiAM

quote:

ORIGINAL: brucekg

Are you sure you're not confusing single-player, with PBEM? You do get full sized playback and combat results in single-player. I can't speak for TOAW I & II, but with CoW, the PBEM playback was the small video mode, and there were no detailed battle results generated.

In PBEM, you only get the news events that correspond to attacks and defenses of named locations, unless you are generating a sitrep to send along with the turn.

I played OPART I PBEM. I don't recall things being any different than in ACOW.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI