Japanese CHS Opponent Wanted CLOSED (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Opponents wanted

Sigma8510 -> Japanese CHS Opponent Wanted CLOSED (1/29/2008 10:30:49 PM)

I'm not brand new to the game, but have been out of things for awhile. I have a brand new install patched up to 1.806 and using CHS 2.08. I'd like to try the CHS historical full campaign as the Allies while waiting on AE. [:)] Play would use either the No Soviet navy variant, or the Modified A2A variant.

I tried a couple of PBEM games during my first go round and was not happy with players dropping out. Some things I can understand, I work at the Pentagon, but I believe I can get 1 turn a night in during the week and at least 2 in on SAT/SUN. My opponent should be able to support the same.

As far as house rules go, I'm new to all the variants out there. I came across these in sjohnson's thread and I will (hopefully with his blessing) borrow them with some modifications as an entering argument. Feel free to suggest additions/deletions/modifications.

I can only support one game at this time, but I hope to get someone who will stay the course. I will!

Joseph

Proposed House Rules (Thanks sjohnson!):
"First turn - Japan gets to choose one port strike location; no invasions south of singapore or tarakan-menado-sorong line on first turn; or south of rabaul. Allies can change air missions; can move up to 1/3 of non capital ships (AK, DD, SS, etc) in a port on first turn; no CV hunting by Japan on first turn; no more than 2 days of strikes on Pearl and if Pearl is struck by KB - must return to Japan to refuel before other ops; russia must be activated 2 weeks prior to any invasion - activation done by a small unit crossing border and returning.

1) common sense
2) the usual - no sub commando raids to seize an island etc.
3) ASW TFs - maybe limit to 6 ships; can't stand the ASW death star of 25 DDs killing everything that pokes its head up
4) Mrs Betty and Mrs Nell - not much to do about the torps available everywhere; how about not on naval attack greater than range 8 unless at size 5 AF or greater?
5) air unit transfer - LBAs that transfer longer than their normal range must be on stand down or training for the next turn; ie no transferring of units 3,000 miles then launching a mission the next morning...
6) 4E bombers - in general would like to see no B29s on naval attack, strat bombing from 15,000 ft+ unless at night (8,000 ft+)"

bilbow -> RE: Japanese CHS Opponent Wanted (1/30/2008 2:36:45 AM)

PM sent

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI