Great Game (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Modern Tactics

emcgman -> Great Game (1/31/2008 4:43:37 AM)

I had always wanted to try out a CC game years ago, but never got around to it.

I downloaded CCMT earlier today, and would like to let you know that I am truly impressed by this game.

The maps are just gorgeous, and the gameplay is freaking awesome with all the varied and realistic terrain effects.

I really like this unique approach to realtime gaming, running at a slower pace and without the base building aspect. It takes the edge off of excessive multitasking and lets you get that much deeper into the maneuvering of your units. The terrain provides ample opportunities for trying different things each time.

There is also a deeper appreciation of winning, because you want to win with keeping your units as intact as possible. These factors give a new meaning to replayability.

I was also considering COI because of the campaigns, but looking over the screenshots, I just had to have the nicer maps. I want to say that I am not disappointed in the least. The scenario editor is a breeze to use, and I've already downloaded custom maps, and created a new battle!

Thanks to all for a great game.

JudgeDredd -> RE: Great Game (1/31/2008 12:51:32 PM)

What a nice positive post. [&o]

Rowly -> RE: Great Game (2/6/2008 10:04:33 PM)

I love the CC titles.  The gameplay and scale is the nicest I have found in many games.
Yes I do miss a campaign but surely this can be added in a Mod form?
Could the graphics not be a little more advanced these days?  Not just the units but the menus and so on.
Is there a mod that makes your units a little easier to spot?

In all it's good to see CC live on.  A mix between this and the old CMBO game would be the best....

Andrew Williams -> RE: Great Game (2/6/2008 10:59:22 PM)

quote:

Is there a mod that makes your units a little easier to spot?

In options you can "outline" your units so they are easier to see

[image]local://upfiles/2239/248EF48A0CF5442BA56F30810129E5BB.jpg[/image]

Fred98 -> RE: Great Game (2/7/2008 1:07:15 AM)

I reckon this is the best Close Combat to date.

I have always wanted 15 soldiers v 15 soldiers each on patrol and they "bump" each other. Now we can have ut!

-

Andrew Williams -> RE: Great Game (2/7/2008 1:23:47 AM)

yep

You can micro manage to your hearts content... if you want to.

Did you get the expansion update?

Fred98 -> RE: Great Game (2/7/2008 5:06:11 AM)

Yes, I downloaded the patch.

-

Agrippa -> RE: Great Game (3/31/2008 6:35:28 PM)

Happy to hear this is a good adition to the CC family.  Looking forward to picking it up in near future.

pbeccas -> RE: Great Game (4/1/2008 10:47:05 AM)

I agree. CCMT is a great game.

What's the future hold for the CC series? They never got around to a WW2 Pacific game, North Africa, or early war in Europe. Be good to see these theaters make a showing one day. But what would really be cool is a Vietnam version.

Great stuff

Paul

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI