Screen to show who is at war/peace in next Patch? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series

BULLDOGINTHEUK -> Screen to show who is at war/peace in next Patch? (1/31/2008 11:38:16 AM)

I was wondering if it would be possible in the next patch to have a screen in the statistics menu where you can see who is at peace and at war with whom. Most grand strategy games have this and I (and probably others) get a bit lost on large PBM games like Diplomacy where every turn someone offers peace or goes to war.

It would be a nice feature to this already magnificent game. Btw I have be messing with the editor over the last few days and this game just gets deeper and deeper [&o]

Joshuatree -> RE: Screen to show who is at war/peace in next Patch? (1/31/2008 12:35:36 PM)

Hmm, much like the Civilization series where you have this screen showing all the leaders/ factions and the relations (war, peace, trade or other deals) they have with each other. Good idea.

seille -> RE: Screen to show who is at war/peace in next Patch? (1/31/2008 3:08:49 PM)

Yep, would be nice to have especially for the multiplayer scenario´s.

tweber -> RE: Screen to show who is at war/peace in next Patch? (1/31/2008 5:47:27 PM)

You can do this by defining regime variables and then having them exposed on the strategic screen.  The only problem is the variable is a number so the diplomatic state would be either a 0 or a 1.

BULLDOGINTHEUK -> RE: Screen to show who is at war/peace in next Patch? (1/31/2008 5:57:25 PM)

I have had a tinker with the editor but am a very poor programmer, okay with maps, units, etc but not so much events, cards, etc... Its all gobbledegook to me [:D] I just made a Tunisian Campaign scenario but would have liked to have made it a bit deeper with events/cards etc... have checked on other scenarios 'events' and it would be nice to have an option to copy and then paste tham to your own scenario. I see that you can save an event into a notes type format but it does not seem to allow me to paste it when opening a new scenario. Probably something I have missed. Anyway, so far I am writing all the code lines manually with pen then writing them out again on screen. Can be time consuming. With regards to showing the who is at war with who on the strategic screen this would be good but wouldn't it be easier on the statistics screen? Surely it cannot be done by modding but the programme would have to be changed by Vic slightly?

tweber -> RE: Screen to show who is at war/peace in next Patch? (1/31/2008 6:38:04 PM)

you can save a scenario as a masterfile and then import it and the events will transfer.  The challenge is that a lot of the events rely on map specific information, or scenario specific dates, so they may not be universally portable.  The event editor is not too tough is you start small. 

Vic -> RE: Screen to show who is at war/peace in next Patch? (2/4/2008 11:44:47 AM)

@bulldog,

thats a nice idea. I noticed myself asking the same question while playing the 9 player diplomacy scenario.

kind regards,
Vic

BULLDOGINTHEUK -> RE: Screen to show who is at war/peace in next Patch? (2/4/2008 1:53:31 PM)

Yes after a couple of turns its easy to forget who is at peace with who etc, especially if you have a few PBMs on the go. Thanks for the feedback, perhaps in a future patch?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI