PBEM file problems (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series

Old Timer -> PBEM file problems (2/3/2008 12:34:46 AM)

When I download and save the file to the savegames folder it saves the file as a .pt2.zip When I try to load the game it is not avalible. I went into the folder and changed the name, I took the .zip off and the went back into the game and I could load it. What am I doing wrong?

SMK-at-work -> RE: PBEM file problems (2/3/2008 12:42:17 AM)

Windows thinks the pt2 files are zipped for some reason, so may be trying to put a .zip on hte end of hte name. 

They are not zipped, so take a bit of care to ensure that you're not saving them as .zip files.

Do not try to unzip them - just save them to your game save directory, and then load them with the game.

rickier65 -> RE: PBEM file problems (2/3/2008 1:53:02 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Old Timer

When I download and save the file to the savegames folder it saves the file as a .pt2.zip When I try to load the game it is not avalible. I went into the folder and changed the name, I took the .zip off and the went back into the game and I could load it. What am I doing wrong?

I always have to go in and delete the .zip extension after I save an email turn.

Rick

Barthheart -> RE: PBEM file problems (2/3/2008 2:16:37 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rick

quote:

I always have to go in and delete the .zip extension after I save an email turn.

Rick

That's weird because I never have to do that. What version of Windoz are you guys using?

Old Timer -> RE: PBEM file problems (2/3/2008 2:29:38 AM)

I am running windows XP Professional w/SP2, this only happens when I am using my work computer, this is not a problem at home where I am running XP Home w/SP2.

SMK-at-work -> RE: PBEM file problems (2/3/2008 4:17:43 AM)

I'm using XP prof at home & not getting any added zip extensions - might it be something in the setup that yuo can alter?

Barthheart -> RE: PBEM file problems (2/3/2008 6:28:35 AM)

quote:

I am running windows XP Professional w/SP2, this only happens when I am using my work computer, this is not a problem at home where I am running XP Home w/SP2.

I'm using XP Home/SP2 at home and XP Pro/SP2 at work and it never happens..... Do you guys have WinZip on your PC's? What version? I have 8 on both PC's. If you don't have WinZip, I'll bet it's Windoz trying to deal with the file.

Spadowski -> RE: PBEM file problems (2/3/2008 8:44:05 AM)

My first thought is you must be using IE rather than Firefox. I'm running XP Pro SP2 and never have this problem. And no, I do not have Winzip, so that's not the answer.

rickier65 -> RE: PBEM file problems (2/3/2008 9:07:07 AM)

I"m using XP SP2. And I'm using XP . It come in during the download routine. when I save the file. I tried chaning it at that point but it doesn't let me get rid of the zip until after it's saved.

Strange, but only minor inconvenience - now that I know I have to do it.

Rick

Barthheart -> RE: PBEM file problems (2/3/2008 1:56:16 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spadowski

My first thought is you must be using IE rather than Firefox. I'm running XP Pro SP2 and never have this problem. And no, I do not have Winzip, so that's not the answer.

Hmmm... but I'm using IE and no problem here..... this is weird.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI