Possible fix for some peoples loading problems (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Commander - Europe at War Gold >> Tech Support

Lebatron -> Possible fix for some peoples loading problems (2/4/2008 2:52:58 AM)

For me getting the game to load up right has been about 50/50. When it fails I get a black screen instead of the Matrix logo. crt/alt/del to kill the commander process will bring me back to desktop, but each load after that will end up failing too. I have to reboot the computer to get the game to load the 50% of the time it does. Finicky Java. Anyway, I just found out what's been causing the problem for me. For some reason Install Shield had snuck unto my computer. I found the process and killed it and low and behold Commander has booted 5 times in a row without an issue after I shut down the Install Shield process. Hope this helps some.

IainMcNeil -> RE: Possible fix for some peoples loading problems (2/5/2008 4:19:10 PM)

That's really odd - we dont even use installshield as we use a java installer. Sometimes you have to disable virus checkers and other stuff to get a game to work unfortunately. There is not really anything we can do about it as its the developer of the other application that needs to make a change, not us. Glad you are working again though!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI