Patch? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Commander's Edition

mack2 -> Patch? (2/7/2008 4:09:27 PM)

I've read some stuff around the place about a possible patch coming? Anyone know a timeframe on it's release?

Thanks.

TonyE -> RE: Patch? (2/7/2008 5:48:41 PM)

The mode is hurry up and wait, I submitted the patch to AGSI January 28th.  It will be made available to registered users some day as an open beta.  We've already fixed a crash bug since then so the one we submitted won't be the final patch.

NefariousKoel -> RE: Patch? (2/7/2008 10:20:39 PM)

I wasn't gonna be the first to ask!

Glad someone beat me to it. [:D]

SteveF2006 -> RE: Patch? (2/13/2008 12:55:46 AM)

The good news is that we have the regular version that plays great for the most part! One quick question, will the patch have an updated DB or will it be the same as the game we have now?

TonyE -> RE: Patch? (2/13/2008 3:23:47 AM)

The DB does have some updates, Brad can elaborate if he desires.  The big change on the DB front has to do with the much modified surface guns, both Brad and Rene were living and breathing DB editing for a couple of weeks (at least) there for a while.

mack2 -> RE: Patch? (2/13/2008 7:51:58 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: SteveF2006

The good news is that we have the regular version that plays great for the most part! One quick question, will the patch have an updated DB or will it be the same as the game we have now?

Yeah, that's why my post is just a simply post about a possible timeframe, I've only come across a few issues and from what I've read the patch does more than just fix bugs, it also adds some things to the game which is nice.

CV32 -> RE: Patch? (2/13/2008 6:44:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: TonyE
The DB does have some updates, Brad can elaborate if he desires. The big change on the DB front has to do with the much modified surface guns, both Brad and Rene were living and breathing DB editing for a couple of weeks (at least) there for a while.

The improvements to the gun model are significant, and this has been incorporated into the DB, together with full implementation of Magazines. Sorta of a hand in hand thing. Also, as usual, there have been new platforms added, fixes made, and general improvements.

Maromak -> RE: Patch? (2/13/2008 11:59:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: TonyE
The improvements to the gun model are significant, and this has been incorporated into the DB, together with full implementation of Magazines. Sorta of a hand in hand thing. Also, as usual, there have been new platforms added, fixes made, and general improvements.

Does the magazine also apply to aircraft weapons? e.g you only have 100 AGM88s on a given CVN?

CV32 -> RE: Patch? (2/14/2008 1:13:23 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Maromak
Does the magazine also apply to aircraft weapons? e.g you only have 100 AGM88s on a given CVN?

No, there still isn't a logistics model. I should have been more clear. By full implementation of magazines in the HCDB, I meant that ships, mobile land units and installations now have weapons in their magazines where appropriate.

SmittyG -> RE: Patch? (2/19/2008 1:18:40 AM)

I don't mean to be badgering, but I thought a patch was coming out momentarily... weeks ago. Any schedule on this ?

Smitty

TonyE -> RE: Patch? (2/19/2008 1:23:35 AM)

Someone badger Matrix :).  As stated above, I sent the patch on its way January 28th.  We even sent them an updated patch last week in case they hadn't started whatever process they undertake to make the patch available to the users.

SmittyG -> RE: Patch? (2/19/2008 1:57:19 AM)

They've had it so long they must be adding a lot of content.

Smitty

mack2 -> RE: Patch? (2/19/2008 6:45:58 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: smitty

They've had it so long they must be adding a lot of content.

Smitty

It's probably been "delayed by the printers".

Akmatov -> RE: Patch? (2/21/2008 8:51:49 PM)

HCDB-071223 is the first "post release" version of the HCDB, the official database for Harpoon Commander's Edition.

quote:

Please note that this version incorporates certain major changes to the Game Engine (GE) code which will be released by way of a patch, including:

(1) Major improvements to the gunnery model (magazines are now fully implemented for surface ships, SAM/AAA batteries, etc).
(2) The expansion of electronic warfare to surface ships and mobile land units (i.e. chaff, flares, point defense jammers).

Therefore, until the patch becomes available, these new features will not be fully functional

So there has an updated DB available since December 2007.  BUT apparently there is no patch released by Matrix to enable these improvement.

Sure would be nice of Matrix to share its plans with those of us who have purchased HCE!!!!!!!![:(]

NefariousKoel -> RE: Patch? (3/1/2008 11:51:48 PM)

Hrmmm..

Are they including a new operating system with this update?  Did it blow up a test PC?  It's taking long enough - it should have a built in ice cream maker.[:'(]

eclipsetr -> RE: Patch? (3/2/2008 12:36:45 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: NefariousKoel

it should have a built in ice cream maker.[:'(]

With a toppings dispenser and waffle cone maker.....

TonyE -> RE: Patch? (3/2/2008 7:27:51 AM)

"they" finished the patch January 24th, being one of they leaves me a very unhappy they, though some other theys indicate the patch might soon be released from the nonsensical aging process and into the wild.

NefariousKoel -> RE: Patch? (3/2/2008 8:00:08 PM)

OOoo!  Fine wine and and ice cream machine. [8D]

TonyE -> RE: Patch? (3/2/2008 8:07:17 PM)

mmm, ice cream, maybe a malt machine as well?

SteveF2006 -> RE: Patch? (3/5/2008 12:38:40 AM)

Patience Grasshoppa(s)! [:D]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI