Coruption of Matrix autorun file. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Harpoon 3 ANW Support

davemal -> Coruption of Matrix autorun file. (2/13/2008 2:23:46 AM)

I have used H3 since Jesse Spears first attempt to port his Mac version. Helped playtest from the first files. Just downloaded the 3.9 beta version and it has corrupted my Matrix autorun file. Removed all my H3 files and reinstalled the 3.7 version and I still cannot get the autorun file to open the Matrix initial screen. I am using XP on a dual core AMD processer with 4 gig of ram. Any help would be helpful.

Dave Malesevich
Old time pooner.

TonyE -> RE: Coruption of Matrix autorun file. (2/13/2008 3:36:21 AM)

I'd suggest skipping the Matrix autorun, skip right to H3Launcher.exe.  The Matrix one is 95% glitz, 5% useful imho.

Bucks -> RE: Coruption of Matrix autorun file. (2/13/2008 8:32:53 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: TonyE

I'd suggest skipping the Matrix autorun, skip right to H3Launcher.exe.  The Matrix one is 95% glitz, 5% useful imho.

I second Tony's motion.

It's far easier to simply create a desktop shortcut to the launcher, simple double click and your ready to go. I can understand people new to the game maybe wanting access to the manual etc through the "splash screen" otherwise I think once you have a little experience (as you do Dave) a simple shortcut to the launcher is the way to go.

In my case being a member of the the current Beta Team, I hadn't even noticed the "issue" until it was raised on this forum as I simply never use it...

Cheers

Darren

davemal -> RE: Coruption of Matrix autorun file. (2/13/2008 1:09:20 PM)

Darren, Tony,

Thanks for the information. I had to go back to 3.7 and do a compleate reinstall to even get the game to work. When I lost the Matrix splash screen I could not run H-3 at all. Now I can run it using the launcher.

Dave

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI