RE: Tutorial: Game 1 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> After Action Reports

Jimmer -> RE: Tutorial: Game 1 (3/6/2008 5:44:24 PM)

Oh, we do. I'll send you an invitation to the group tonight. Austria is open.

Jimmer -> RE: Tutorial: Game 1 (4/2/2008 7:19:42 AM)

I guess I got the two threads mixed up. THIS one is the one for the game currently running.

Anyhow, in the email saying it was GB's turn, I said I would point out two things about this particular change of turns.

The first is that GB did not change his naval movement order. This is mainly because France and GB are pretty much idle. Typically, though, it would be Russia's turn right now for naval.

The second thing is that you should note that Russia just took his reinforcement turn, and it will be his turn again right after Great Britain. This is something to watch for, for everybody except Austria and Prussia, and even them to a degree.

What happens is that the phase order is different for each phase. Also, with some minor exceptions, diplomacy and reinforcement have the opposite order. Those who went first in diplo go last in reinforcement, and vice-versa. France and GB mess things up a lot, but the batting order is close to being reversed.

Again, from reinforcement to naval, they reverse again (and, also, with GB and France mucking up the works).

So, the bottom line is that there are some powers that will only have to wait a very short time, at certain points in the game. Russia is one of those for these two phases. GB was for diplomacy -> reinforcement (only Spain went in-between).

When playing a PBEM game, it is good etiquette to stick around when you have a quick turnaround in front of you. This is especially true if it took you a long time to take your turn (which is quite possible, since your previous turn had the opposite situation, in a lot of cases).

Jimmer -> RE: Tutorial: Game 1 (5/18/2008 12:15:25 AM)

Well, it's been a while, but we finally have all of the kinks worked out, and we're moving again. Hopefully, we didn't lose (or never attain) any MORE players. :)

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI