NO HARPOON MISSILES???? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hornet Leader PC

Harpooner -> NO HARPOON MISSILES???? (2/16/2008 12:30:53 AM)

I am looking over the features for the game Hornet Leader and look over the featured weapon systems available. I see the AIM-7 (ancient, I say!)mentioned, but I couldn't find any mention America's primer anti-ship weapon---the AGM-84 Harpoon missile!

I hope I'm wrong, but since the feature didn't mention the Harpoon missile, this excellent weapon is not added. So doesn't the game incorporate anti-shipping mission as well?

I seek some clarification on this matter as I decide whether to buy this game. Thanks in advance...

Terminus -> RE: NO HARPOON MISSILES???? (2/16/2008 12:39:50 AM)

No anti-shipping, thus no Harpoons... And the AIM-7 was still in full use in 1986 and 1991 when two of the games campaigns take place.

I wouldn't buy it right now, if it were me. Some very nasty bugs have popped up in the latest patch, which significantly impact gameplay.

StormcloudCreations -> RE: NO HARPOON MISSILES???? (2/16/2008 1:19:44 AM)

Actually only a few bugs are present, and one is entirely avoidable. The other (with "invisible" bandits) doesn't happen all the time, and doesn't usually significantly impact play except with a few specific targets.

TonyAAA -> RE: NO HARPOON MISSILES???? (2/16/2008 3:50:32 AM)

Err---It's not in the manual, but the AGM-84 is in the game. It appears to be the SLAM version.

Also, isn't America's premier anti-ship weapon the MK-48 ADCAP?

flintlock -> AGM-84 are available (2/16/2008 5:35:52 AM)

Yes, as Tony mentioned, the AGM-84 SLAM is in the game. I'm always using Special Options Points to arm aircraft with them.

[image]http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t287/idachs/misc/FA-18AGM-84.jpg[/image]

This following screenshot below is from the Libya 1986 Campaign:
[image]http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t287/idachs/misc/AGM-84.png[/image]

Terminus -> RE: AGM-84 are available (2/16/2008 1:48:06 PM)

Yes, yes, bravo... The LAND ATTACK version of the Harpoon is in, and that's not what was asked about...[8|]

I'm still disappointed in Hornet Leader as it stands right now. It was a very fine game when it was released, and I played it with great enjoyment, but post-1.2 it's not as good anymore. The disappearing bandit/SAM site/wingman problem is not as negligible as some might think.

flintlock -> RE: AGM-84 are available (2/16/2008 6:39:39 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Yes, yes, bravo... The LAND ATTACK version of the Harpoon is in, and that's not what was asked about...[8|]

I'm aware of what the OP asked, which is why I simply confirmed the SLAM version of the AGM-84 is in the game, as pointed out by another poster.

Adam Parker -> RE: AGM-84 are available (2/29/2008 11:48:04 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

I'm still disappointed in Hornet Leader as it stands right now. It was a very fine game when it was released, and I played it with great enjoyment, but post-1.2 it's not as good anymore. The disappearing bandit/SAM site/wingman problem is not as negligible as some might think.

I was just about to reinstall this game on my new PC, had the disc all ready...

It goes back on the shelf again, sadly...

mack2 -> RE: AGM-84 are available (8/4/2008 12:35:23 PM)

Did Harpoon have land attack capability in 1986? I thought the SLAM was only introduced in the late 90's?

StormcloudCreations -> RE: AGM-84 are available (8/4/2008 3:20:28 PM)

From what i've read, it was introduced in the mid 80's sometime.

TonyAAA -> RE: AGM-84 are available (8/16/2008 9:38:30 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: mack2

Did Harpoon have land attack capability in 1986? I thought the SLAM was only introduced in the late 90's?

According to the below link:

http://www.designation-systems.net/dusrm/m-84.html

"Development of SLAM began in 1986 as an interim precision-attack missile pending delivery of the AGM-137 TSSAM (Tri-Service Standoff Attack Missile), and the first all-up AGM-84E rounds were delivered in November 1988. SLAM became operational with the U.S. Navy in 1990, just ready for a few missiles to be used in action in Operation Desert Storm in early 1991."

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI