Amphibious HQ (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room

Nail78 -> Amphibious HQ (2/16/2008 4:34:34 PM)

I have two Amphibious HQ's in San Francisco. One slated for Central Pacific, and the other for Southwestern Pacific. I can not get them too load on a AP so I can move them. What am I doing wrong?

wwengr -> RE: Amphibious HQ (2/16/2008 4:46:21 PM)

You must load them on an AGC.  This is where they are useful.  Amphib HQ loaded on an AGC provide bonuses to amphibious landings when on an AGC in the same hex.

Amphibious Coprs HQ are just regular Corps HQ and not Amphib HQ.

Nail78 -> RE: Amphibious HQ (2/16/2008 6:37:46 PM)

Ok thank you for the reply. I assume then when I had a empty AGC with my invasion force it was providing no bonus too the invading troops. Does the AGC have too be part of the invasion TF ships, or can it just be independent and be in the same hex of the invasion and provide the bonus?

Terminus -> RE: Amphibious HQ (2/16/2008 6:38:57 PM)

Yes.

wwengr -> RE: Amphibious HQ (2/17/2008 10:41:19 PM)

I believe that in the same hex is good enough.

USSAmerica -> RE: Amphibious HQ (2/21/2008 2:34:07 PM)

OK, wwengr, I'm too lazy to try to figure it out any more.  What's the pattern of smileys in your sig represent?  [&:][:D]

rtrapasso -> RE: Amphibious HQ (2/21/2008 4:31:35 PM)

it seems to be Morse code, with [X(]= . (dot) and [:)] = . (dash)

This makes it:
.-. . .- -../ - .... .. ... / ... . -. -.. / -- . ... ... .- --. .
R E A D / T H I S / S E N D / M E S S A G E

EDIT - ACK!! Forum soft compressed all the spaces!!

USSAmerica -> RE: Amphibious HQ (2/21/2008 4:37:02 PM)

Good work, Bob!  [8D]

Mike Solli -> RE: Amphibious HQ (2/21/2008 4:38:14 PM)

Brings back memories.  In the late 70s, I could read Morse Code as fast as you could type it and I knew all the Navy signal flags too (68 at that time).  The ole brain didn't have so many cobwebs then. [:D]

AW1Steve -> RE: Amphibious HQ (2/21/2008 10:50:36 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli

Brings back memories.  In the late 70s, I could read Morse Code as fast as you could type it and I knew all the Navy signal flags too (68 at that time).  The ole brain didn't have so many cobwebs then. [:D]

Wow. Were you a signalman , back when you were a squid? Now , there are no signalmen , and I haven't seen cw (Morse) since the mid-80's. I don't belive that the sea services (US anyway) still even teach it. [8|]

wwengr -> RE: Amphibious HQ (4/6/2008 1:46:02 AM)

Congratulations! I wondered if anyone would ever get that. It was a fairly arcane code and I called no other attention to it than it drew itself.

quote:

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

it seems to be Morse code, with [X(]= . (dot) and [:)] = . (dash)

This makes it:
.-. . .- -../ - .... .. ... / ... . -. -.. / -- . ... ... .- --. .
R E A D / T H I S / S E N D / M E S S A G E

EDIT - ACK!! Forum soft compressed all the spaces!!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI