Corps and Armies (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray

Joe D. -> Corps and Armies (2/19/2008 7:28:37 PM)

Is there a delay for Corps to follow their respective Armies? In the Gettysburg scenario, I had to manually move all my Corps to Gettysburg as they they didn't automatically move w/their Army (Meade). After they all got to Gettysburg, then all the Corps began to move w/Meade.

Is there a problem w/the AACW scenarios, or is it just me?

I'm under the latest patch (1.07f).

HobbesACW -> RE: Corps and Armies (2/19/2008 10:00:55 PM)

Hi Joe, there may be a delay of a day or two I think but no more than that. Make sure you press the synchcronize move button and then
move the Army - the Corps in the same region will then follow (Don't move the Army and then press synchronize move).

1.09 is the latest patch available at the AGEOD site.
Cheers, Chris

Joe D. -> RE: Corps and Armies (2/19/2008 11:13:20 PM)

I bet I pressed the sync move after the fact; I thought it only affected the Army stack, not the Corps as well.

I'm going to have to recheck the AGEod site.

Thanks.

Joe D. -> RE: Corps and Armies (2/20/2008 12:32:44 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: hobbes

... Make sure you press the synchcronize move button and then move the Army - the Corps in the same region will then follow (Don't move the Army and then press synchronize move).

Then again, from p. 19: "If in the same region, the Army HQ and all subordinate Corps will move together," but note: "This is selected by default ... when the Army HQ moves, all subordinate Corps in the region will automatically synchronize w/o needing to use this Special Order."

I wonder what I did wrong? Maybe hitting the synch move cancelled the auto synch?

Or maybe I should just patch-up to 1.09 ASAP?

SpharV2 -> RE: Corps and Armies (2/20/2008 2:11:27 AM)

All the corps in the same region as the army HQ should move together by default, and that's been in since v1.0.  In beta it was off by default, but too many people forgot to turn it on. :)  So there are two things I can think of.  Either the corps weren't in the same region as the army HQ (I don't know, never played that scenario), or you might have accidentally deselected it.  It's usually a good idea to check and make sure just in case.  Just click on the corps tabs and make sure they have the same movement orders when you issue them to your army HQ. 

Joe D. -> RE: Corps and Armies (2/20/2008 8:47:12 PM)

Actually, I think hobbes was right, regardless of what the AACW manual says -- I'm patched to 1.09 and still have to hit synch move w/my Army to get its Corps to move.

Can't think what else it could be, but I have only played scenarios so far.

I understand why some players have trouble comprehending this game; I miss the simplicity of BoA.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI