DDG-1000 Zumwalt in any DB? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Commander's Edition

Akmatov -> DDG-1000 Zumwalt in any DB? (2/21/2008 10:40:10 PM)

I was surpised to not find the DDG-1000 Zumwalt in the DB that was part of HCE. Is there a source for other HCE DBs? H3 seems to have numberous DBs, but I seen little for HCE - which ofc is new.

CV32 -> RE: DDG-1000 Zumwalt in any DB? (2/21/2008 11:59:53 PM)

Generally speaking, DB designers are reluctant to create an entry for a platform that only exists on paper, particularly when there still is a good chance of it either being canceled outright or substantially altered from its original concept. With respect to the DDG-1000, for example, it was only this past week that the USN placed contracts for the first two ships.

JRyan -> RE: DDG-1000 Zumwalt in any DB? (2/22/2008 12:46:18 AM)

Well that will come one day to HCE I am sure now that the editor is part of the package. True it has been in H3 for a while now. I actually did a Scen with the DDX.
Of course the only size of the video I could upload was played from from the Venezuelan side,

take a look

Harpoon3 ANW DDX

Akmatov -> RE: DDG-1000 Zumwalt in any DB? (2/22/2008 1:59:41 AM)

quote:

Generally speaking, DB designers are reluctant to create an entry for a platform that only exists on paper

Makes sense, but would be a lot of fun to experiment with some of them, especially as it is pretty likely that it will come to reality in one form or another.

quote:

it has been in H3 for a while now

Every time I have every tried to get H3 going, I end up feeling really stupid.  For some reason we never seem to click; which is a pity because it sure has some nice features - like the rest of the world that is left out of HC. 

CV32 -> RE: DDG-1000 Zumwalt in any DB? (2/22/2008 4:15:36 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Akmatov
Makes sense, but would be a lot of fun to experiment with some of them, especially as it is pretty likely that it will come to reality in one form or another.

Agreed, and as the DDG-1000 program moves closer to fruition, the more tempted I get to add it to the HCDB. Hint, hint, nudge, nudge. [;)]

quote:

... like the rest of the world that is left out of HC.

Those days are soon coming to an end thanks to the BattleSet Builder. [&o]

eclipsetr -> RE: DDG-1000 Zumwalt in any DB? (2/22/2008 7:37:33 PM)

I just want to play the falklands eventually, to me battleset wise its the only thing missing. South America has some decent navies.

TonyE -> RE: DDG-1000 Zumwalt in any DB? (2/23/2008 2:08:33 AM)

Akmatov, which design of the DDG-1000 did you want to see?  Something near term with the planned initial weapons or something with rail guns, or ???

Just curious for possible addition to my fictional DB.

Divefreak -> RE: DDG-1000 Zumwalt in any DB? (2/23/2008 6:46:22 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: eclipsetr

I just want to play the falklands eventually, to me battleset wise its the only thing missing. South America has some decent navies.

You can find those navies in the last version of my Euro DB.

Yes i know it sounds strange to have south american navies in a DB named "Euro" but i need to find a new name for the project... [8|][8D]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI