Blockade box invasion supply (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815

bclund -> Blockade box invasion supply (2/23/2008 12:27:25 AM)

I seem to be unable to place a depot on a heavy fleet blockading a port. Is this intentional?

Placing depots on fleets in a sea area is no problem.

JavaJoe -> RE: Blockade box invasion supply (2/23/2008 1:00:58 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: bclund

I seem to be unable to place a depot on a heavy fleet blockading a port. Is this intentional?

Placing depots on fleets in a sea area is no problem.

Yes you're allowed to place a depot in a sea zone.

A blockade box isn't a sea zone.

bclund -> RE: Blockade box invasion supply (2/23/2008 3:29:37 PM)

7.3.5 in the original EiA rules allow for corps to disembark from a BB and although 7.4.4 only states sea area and not also BB, I find it strange to allow disembarkment without invasion supply. Does this mean it was intentional to not allow invasion supply from a BB?

JavaJoe -> RE: Blockade box invasion supply (2/23/2008 3:53:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: bclund

7.3.5 in the original EiA rules allow for corps to disembark from a BB and although 7.4.4 only states sea area and not also BB, I find it strange to allow disembarkment without invasion supply. Does this mean it was intentional to not allow invasion supply from a BB?

Being in the BB pins your fleet to that duty. Being in the Sea Zone with a depot abstractly represents a convoy from the port with a depot to the sea zone with a depot imagine both fleets moving back and forth with supply from the home supply center to the invasion location.

A blockade can't really move back and forth and still be considered a blockade.

As far as I can tell from Harry Rowland and Greg Pinder that is what they meant.

bclund -> RE: Blockade box invasion supply (2/23/2008 5:44:56 PM)

Fair enough. I suppose I had gotten so used to be able to place a depot in a BB, as that was my interpretation of the rules, that I just expected to be able to do it in the game. Now I know it was intentional.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI