AI's priorities in defense (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Scenario Design

Pyrrhos1976 -> AI's priorities in defense (2/24/2008 11:25:17 AM)

How are determined AI's priorities on the defensive ?

Let's take an example:
In a scenario about the Southwestern area (length: 1-3 months), I want that japanese AI reacts strongly against allied invasion of Solomon or Marshall Islands but not Gilbert Islands. How can I create this with the Editor ?

el cid again -> RE: AI's priorities in defense (2/24/2008 8:13:29 PM)

You cannot.

In a very restricted scenario - one with the AI modules (and not all the map) - and a limited date set - starting near in time to your campaign - you can set units near one set of islands and not the other - and you can set one set as one of the special priority bases of the scenario - but nothing like any of these things is an option in a long war full map game. Nor do I believe the AI is up do doing it very well even in a restricted scenario.

Ron Saueracker -> RE: AI's priorities in defense (2/24/2008 9:10:38 PM)

I was contemplating making a scenario which was based on Japan being on the defensive as the AI opponent, starting basically at the Feb 1943 point after Japan had evacuated Guadalcanal. After having played into Sept 43 vs the Japanese AI in my CHS scenario I realised that playing the AI or designing a scenario vs AI is pointless. It, the AI "engine"(????) is a complete bust. Does not do anything, no CAP, no combat TFs, no sub patrols....nothing except for endlessly shifting LCUs, air units and merchant convoys around. I was hoping that I could make a scenario where the Japanese get no PPs and all LCUs were restricted to keep units static but if the AI can't even put up CAP....why bloody bother?

Hortlund -> RE: AI's priorities in defense (2/24/2008 9:27:25 PM)

Speaking of that...why dont you empty your bloody PM-inbox so its possible to send you PMs?

Pyrrhos1976 -> RE: AI's priorities in defense (2/24/2008 9:34:31 PM)

Ok, thanks.

AI has an advantage for wargamers: to encourage them to practice boardgames ![:D]

JeffroK -> RE: AI's priorities in defense (2/24/2008 10:43:04 PM)

Maybe contact Drongo.

He set up a scenario for 43 or 44 where the AI did react to allied advances.

But, he took out a lot of smaller bases which either distracted the AI or allowed the Allies too many options. I suppose it funneled the invasions into locations the AI was set to defend.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI