ANW3.90 Expiry Issue? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Harpoon 3 ANW Support

planetbrain -> ANW3.90 Expiry Issue? (3/1/2008 1:40:35 AM)

I downloaded (at some 208MB at slow speed) and installed ANW v390RC5_2 two weeks ago over ANW 3.80
Can somebody please explain to me why today I get this message?
‘This temporary version has expired.
If you wish to continue playing, please register your copy of Harpoon 3.’
This is just another annoyance I’ve had to endure with this product.
I originally installed in Aug07 but stopped playing when the game wouldn’t even do what the tutorials pointed out to look for. Who can trust a game of this complexity with even those blatant short falls?
At least ANW 3.9 looked promising in this regard now I’m thwarted with another set back.
What is going on, please? It took me hours to download something I now can’t even use and presumably I now need a complete re-install.
Is this the case please or can something be done?
My copy is valid and properly registered.[:@]

rsharp@advancedgamin -> RE: ANW3.90 Expiry Issue? (3/1/2008 7:21:35 AM)

Hey folks,

Yes, the release candidate did expire. The next release will be a final release with no timeout. The final release is essentially finished but going through the final wringing of testing by me. I know better than to announce a release time but expect it soon.

If you need to downgrade, the files replaced were put into the directory Backup_3900 under your ANW directory. You would also need to select the older ANWDB database if you are using that.

If you wish to continue beta testing 3.9, PM me and I may be able to hook you up with a build with the timeout extended.

Regards,

planetbrain -> RE: ANW3.90 Expiry Issue? (3/1/2008 7:54:32 AM)

I did not see anywhere before the 3.90beta install that it was supposed to time out! [:@]
Anyway, thanks for responding.
From the short time I tried 3.90 and HUD3 I liked it. Apart from the media viewer that is. I found it to be not properly integrated and a few times accidentally closed the game rather than return to it.
I shall await the official update release before returning to ANW.
At least I have HCE to carry on with.

Bucks -> RE: ANW3.90 Expiry Issue? (3/2/2008 10:10:45 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: planetbrain

I did not see anywhere before the 3.90beta install that it was supposed to time out! [:@]
Anyway, thanks for responding.
From the short time I tried 3.90 and HUD3 I liked it. Apart from the media viewer that is. I found it to be not properly integrated and a few times accidentally closed the game rather than return to it.
I shall await the official update release before returning to ANW.
At least I have HCE to carry on with.

planetbrain,

Thanks for the kind words regarding the HUD3 etc. May I ask a quick question of you? When you say that a few times you closed the viewer and the game closed? Would you describe this as a crash or was it the positioning of the media viewer itself and closing it caused you to inadvertantly close the game window?

Just like to check and minimise the possible bugs that leak through. Apologies for the expiration issue I hope you find that the final release of H3ANW 3.9.0 is up to your expectations. Rest assured the HUD3 is undergoing continous development.

Thanks in advance

Darren

Knaust -> RE: ANW3.90 Expiry Issue? (3/2/2008 11:40:55 AM)

Hi...HUD3 Scenario Fish in a Barrell...
I created 2 ground strike missions against SAM sites with Prowlers and FA/18 armed with SEAD.But CV Forrestal was unable to launch planes. Why?
I plotted SEAD missions and planes flied to SAM sites.

Shemar -> RE: ANW3.90 Expiry Issue? (3/2/2008 5:25:00 PM)

Bucks,

Just in case it is of any use about the media viewer, I noticed two problems. One is when I was using full screen and not window, the color scheme on the game itself would go 'crazy' if I returned to the game without closing the viewer. The other was that it seemd that the first image in the viewer would never display (or that it was looking for an index 0 when the pics started at index 1 or something of the sort).

Anyway, I can probably do some more testig and provide more useful info, if these issues are not already known.

planetbrain -> RE: ANW3.90 Expiry Issue? (3/2/2008 9:47:39 PM)

quote:

May I ask a quick question of you? When you say that a few times you closed the viewer and the game closed? Would you describe this as a crash or was it the positioning of the media viewer itself and closing it caused you to inadvertantly close the game window?

What I found was that calling the viewer minimised ANW, which you later restored or, as in my case accidentally closed. It is not a crash just a confusion. Forget not that the launch program and possibly other things might also be selectable.

Bucks -> RE: ANW3.90 Expiry Issue? (3/3/2008 12:54:26 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: planetbrain

What I found was that calling the viewer minimised ANW, which you later restored or, as in my case accidentally closed. It is not a crash just a confusion. Forget not that the launch program and possibly other things might also be selectable.

Thanks for the further information. Yes I can confirm it's minimising the game when run in full screen mode. I'll speak to the Devs today and see if there's anything we can do about this issue.

Thanks again

Darren

cuthbo2001 -> RE: ANW3.90 Expiry Issue? (3/3/2008 12:42:09 PM)

I am not a happy camper!, When the beta was released it would have been nice to know there was a time bomb on it, I know HCE worked like this but they at least gave warnings, or did I miss something?

rsharp@advancedgamin -> RE: ANW3.90 Expiry Issue? (3/4/2008 2:28:23 AM)

Howdy folks,

All the beta releases had an expiration date (or should have) since 3.7 or so at the latest. The console window logged this and gave the date for expiration. Sorry for that not being more clear. We will put out a final release, without an expiration date, very soon.

Regards,

zacklaws -> RE: ANW3.90 Expiry Issue? (3/5/2008 10:33:55 PM)

This is the first one that I have ever had expire and I had installed 3.7 and 3.7 30. Unfortunatley I never got a chance to trial it but I know now not to bother again in the future to install a candidate version. The question is in what folder does the file "default.ini" in the backup get restored too as I do not have one anywhere else apart from the backup folders?

rsharp@advancedgamin -> RE: ANW3.90 Expiry Issue? (3/5/2008 10:53:46 PM)

default.ini goes in the Resource folder.

evaamo2 -> RE: ANW3.90 Expiry Issue? (3/6/2008 5:24:33 PM)

Well it seems that the trick of changing the system date to avoid the expiration issue works fine, just a heads up in case you don't want to roll-back to 3.8

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI