RE: Favorite Matrix Game (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

Grell -> RE: Favorite Matrix Game (3/19/2008 11:16:00 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ravinhood

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grell

I changed my mind, now it's COTA.

Regards,

Grell

Sorry you can't change your mind unless you are female. ;)

That's just great! LOL

I'm aiding you in your tomfoolery.

Regards,

Grell

ilovestrategy -> RE: Favorite Matrix Game (3/21/2008 9:34:01 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ravinhood

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grell

I changed my mind, now it's COTA.

Regards,

Grell

Sorry you can't change your mind unless you are female. ;)

OMG!!! I was in tears when I read that! Priceless! [:D]

KG Erwin -> RE: Favorite Matrix Game (3/28/2008 5:57:15 AM)

I am having a blast with a non-wargame. I was a big SPWaW guy at one time, but Shaun Sullivan's PureSim Baseball is now dominating my gaming time. I've been a baseball fan for years, and played a few of the boardgames, but PS is exactly what I was looking for.

EUBanana -> RE: Favorite Matrix Game (3/29/2008 3:00:55 PM)

Still on Guns of August.

Its the only Matrix game I play now.  And I have...

CAW - not bad for a few days play, but no long lasting appeal
WitP - played it for 2 years, so I guess this is a win.  [:D].  But had no interest in starting again from 1941!
Starshatter - just plain bad
COTA - totally fail to see why people like this game, its utterly devoid of any strategy.  booooooooooring. 
Forge of Freedom - couldn't get into it.  Hated the tactical combat, soooo slow and laggy, it was a chore.  Sid Meiers Gettysburg was actually fun tactical combat.  Not really an ACW fan though, can see that someone who is would like it.
GoA - work of genius, and a WW1 game is really something novel.  And its actually good!
Harpoon - I want to play this more but have no time.  Good game

I have eyes on WiF though, thats on my list of games to buy for sure.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Favorite Matrix Game (3/29/2008 5:29:36 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: EUBanana
CAW - not bad for a few days play, but no long lasting appeal

Have you updated this to add the new scenarios and all the mystery variants? It has a lot of replayability now, at least in my opinion.

quote:

Starshatter - just plain bad

What turned you off with this one? I had fun playing through the campaign when we released this years ago and the newer Gathering Storm improved on the original.

quote:

COTA - totally fail to see why people like this game, its utterly devoid of any strategy.  booooooooooring.

Really? So you won every scenario without having to think? [;)]

quote:

Forge of Freedom - couldn't get into it.  Hated the tactical combat, soooo slow and laggy, it was a chore.  Sid Meiers Gettysburg was actually fun tactical combat.  Not really an ACW fan though, can see that someone who is would like it.

Have to ask on this one as well if you updated it to the latest - many, many improvements since the original release. It does want a decent computer to run on though, the more memory the smoother.

Regards,

- Erik

EUBanana -> RE: Favorite Matrix Game (3/29/2008 6:46:19 PM)

quote:

CAW... Have you updated this to add the new scenarios and all the mystery variants? It has a lot of replayability now, at least in my opinion.

No - I'll try that out.

quote:

Starshatter - What turned you off with this one? I had fun playing through the campaign when we released this years ago and the newer Gathering Storm improved on the original.

I don't know... What can I say. [;)] its just awful all over. Some games are just bad, and Starshatter was that. Uninspiring graphics, unexciting gameplay, even at the level of tactics and such there wasn't all that much in it. There are precious few space games like that unfortunately, but even lack of alternative couldn't persuade me to keep it installed.

I soldier on with Battlecruiser Millenium. Which is hardly the greatest game ever made. [:(]

quote:

COTA

I certainly didn't feel taxed while playing it, no. I didn't win every scenario because after completing about half of them I got bored, not really a good sign in a game.

quote:

Forge of Freedom
Have to ask on this one as well if you updated it to the latest - many, many improvements since the original release. It does want a decent computer to run on though, the more memory the smoother.

It might be the computer - or the update - but really, I think a gig of RAM should be fine for a hex based wargame, its not even like there is all that much going on with the tactical combat. Theres not much justification for needing >1 gig of RAM there.

Airdrop01 -> RE: Favorite Matrix Game (3/29/2008 8:48:48 PM)

War in the Pacific with ease!

ravinhood -> RE: Favorite Matrix Game (3/29/2008 10:23:31 PM)

quote:

quote:

CAW... Have you updated this to add the new scenarios and all the mystery variants? It has a lot of replayability now, at least in my opinion.

No - I'll try that out.

quote:

Starshatter - What turned you off with this one? I had fun playing through the campaign when we released this years ago and the newer Gathering Storm improved on the original.

I don't know... What can I say. [;)] its just awful all over. Some games are just bad, and Starshatter was that. Uninspiring graphics, unexciting gameplay, even at the level of tactics and such there wasn't all that much in it. There are precious few space games like that unfortunately, but even lack of alternative couldn't persuade me to keep it installed.

I soldier on with Battlecruiser Millenium. Which is hardly the greatest game ever made. [:(]

quote:

COTA

I certainly didn't feel taxed while playing it, no. I didn't win every scenario because after completing about half of them I got bored, not really a good sign in a game.

quote:

Forge of Freedom

It might be the computer - or the update - but really, I think a gig of RAM should be fine for a hex based wargame, its not even like there is all that much going on with the tactical combat. Theres not much justification for needing >1 gig of RAM there.

I LIKE "THIS" GUY! :)

Alby -> RE: Favorite Matrix Game (4/3/2008 8:16:32 PM)

Steel Panthers World at War...of course
[:)]

HansBolter -> RE: Favorite Matrix Game (4/3/2008 9:35:51 PM)

quote:

quote:

or perhaps in a player................

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI