Revview up (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series

Moltke71 -> Revview up (3/3/2008 3:15:59 AM)

http://www.gamesquad.com/index.php?option=com_articles&id=8&pform=&aid=188

Barthheart -> RE: Revview up (3/3/2008 3:21:05 AM)

Nice balanced review.

rickier65 -> RE: Revview up (3/3/2008 4:13:04 AM)

Nice review Jim. I don't enitrely agree with your opinon of the map graphics (but again, I LIKE the graphics of 10-15 years ago).

Rick

Moltke71 -> RE: Revview up (3/3/2008 5:21:35 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rick

Nice review Jim. I don't enitrely agree with your opinon of the map graphics (but again, I LIKE the graphics of 10-15 years ago).

Rick

I do too, but most people don't so I had to mention them. I could/should have said that the simple graphics aid in scenario creation and is thus a boon to PBEM. Ach, the things we think of after the fact!!!

rickier65 -> RE: Revview up (3/3/2008 6:58:21 AM)

You're correct of course, it seems a lot of people find the map grahics plain. I actually find them more than adequate, and better than many. I can fairly easily distinguish what the landscape is from the map, which seems to get harder to do as the maps become more "stylized".

Thanks,
Rick

Alan Sharif -> RE: Revview up (3/3/2008 2:56:31 PM)

I must confess I find the map graphics a little bland. But does it spoil my enjoyment of this excellent game? NO. Only fair to mention it in a review as am sure some will disagree.

Grell -> RE: Revview up (3/3/2008 3:22:52 PM)

That was a great review. [:)]

Regards,

Grell

Erik Rutins -> RE: Revview up (3/3/2008 4:20:44 PM)

"Simple, flexible, intelligent and infinitely playable – this game should be a “must buy” for gamers of all stripes." - 9/10!

Outstanding. Congratulations, Vic and thanks Jim for the review!

Mr. Stik -> RE: Revview up (3/8/2008 6:44:51 PM)

I like splashy graphics as much as the next guy.  But what catches my attention is the gameplay, depth, and flexibility of Advanced Tactics.  I've devoted 100 percent of my game-playing time to AT for the past two months and been richly rewarded.  A nod to the developers for a great game and an awesome entertainment bargain.

-- Stikmann on the Advanced Tactics community site

Moltke71 -> RE: Revview up (3/9/2008 5:49:37 PM)

I really enjoy the game.  Usually, I can't bear to play any game for six weeks after I've reviewed it but I can do AY every day.

Dion -> RE: Revview up (3/9/2008 10:02:20 PM)

Your review was the last review I read before purchasing this game. After reading about 5 reviews (including yours) over the last few months about this game I noticed that they all say good things, and they all say it's a must buy for any wargamer, so it better be good!

Moltke71 -> RE: Revview up (3/9/2008 11:00:22 PM)

Other than the graphics and the odd unnecessary click, be sure to come back here and let us know if you don't like it. Almost every day I think of or come across good things I didn't mention. For example, I'm playing an amphibious game now. The game captures the essence of the pacific war without getting extremely detailed.

Be sure to join a ladder.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI