Installing maps...am I doing something wrong? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron >> Cross of Iron Modding

Deputy -> Installing maps...am I doing something wrong? (3/3/2008 8:23:54 PM)

Using the modswapper I am able to install the executeable portion of the mods with no problems. But I have had to manually install all the map mods. This was no big deal until I had to install the Westernfront mod and some of the original files were overwritten. Now I am worried that I may have goofed up a COI original map with a WF map. I haven't noticed any problems yet. But is there some way of using modswapper to install the new maps so that I can revert back to the original maps when I'm not playing the mod? I know there are modswappers available that are used with other games. Is that what is used to swap maps?

Thanks in advance,
Dep

MarshallZhukov -> RE: Installing maps...am I doing something wrong? (3/7/2008 7:53:18 PM)

I'm actually interested in this myself and yes, I think some original maps can be 'overwritten' when installing a new map-pack.

Andrew Williams -> RE: Installing maps...am I doing something wrong? (3/7/2008 9:45:25 PM)

Original maps can be overwritten when unzipping a map pack, in theory

But, to my knowlwdge there are no maps in the mappacks that over write an original CoI map.

When you installa mod such as Western Front with ModSwap you also install a few maps do you may play the first operation of the campaign, this is so you can evaluate the mod and decide wether you want to DL the map pack and continue.

The map packs include all the maps to play the campaign.

When you install the map pack the few maps installed with modswap are overwritten, that's why you get the message about overwriting.

Deputy -> RE: Installing maps...am I doing something wrong? (3/7/2008 10:19:56 PM)

The ArdennetoHurtgenmappack2 definitely overwrites some of the original maps. The maps seem to be the exact same size as the originals, so it may just be the same original maps being installed again. I still haven't encountered any problems, though. [:)]

RD_Thomas_Ross -> RE: Installing maps...am I doing something wrong? (3/8/2008 4:04:53 PM)

Thats what is happening. It is reinstalling maps that you already have...no worries. Been playing since its release and dont have map issues.

Deputy -> RE: Installing maps...am I doing something wrong? (3/8/2008 4:12:27 PM)

Cool!!!! [8D]

MarshallZhukov -> RE: Installing maps...am I doing something wrong? (3/9/2008 9:21:50 PM)

A related question, I've installed the WF-v10 mod and now trying to install the Ardenne to Hurtgen - mod only to be unable to uninstall the WF-v10. The WF-v10 just stays there and when I try to uninstall it nothing happens. When try to re-install it it says its already been installed. The necessary maps should be installed. 

Andrew Williams -> RE: Installing maps...am I doing something wrong? (3/9/2008 10:11:48 PM)

it looks like you uninstalled with two instances of ModSwap running

See here:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1426003&mpage=1&key=&#1426007

MarshallZhukov -> RE: Installing maps...am I doing something wrong? (3/9/2008 10:25:21 PM)

Thank you very much, seems to be working. 

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI