RE: 2by3 Russian Front Game? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

Gen.Hoepner -> RE: 2by3 Russian Front Game? (3/8/2008 1:41:01 AM)

Oh my god, oh mu god!

YES, YES, YES!!!!

This is the best news i've heard since my exGF told me she wasn't pregnant!!![:D]

Terminus -> RE: 2by3 Russian Front Game? (3/8/2008 3:06:56 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: wosung

And what about Intelligence? FoW? Do you plan to implement a simple Intelligence model like in PW? (In PW the US player gets various infos by choice). Thinking of Kursk...or russian maskirovkas (sp?), deceptions.

I like the idea of reserve units, eligible for bolstering up the defenses/attacks. Even cooler would be a counter strike option, or (tactical) Rules of engagement, like determining if the tanks are deployed in the 1st wave of attack or not. Thinking of the Model/Manstein approaches at Kursk...

Regards

Erm, didn't he just say that he didn't know very much...?

Reiryc -> RE: 2by3 Russian Front Game? (3/8/2008 3:38:33 AM)

Thrilled to hear that this game is definitely on the table.  WiR was one of my favorites!

cdbeck -> RE: 2by3 Russian Front Game? (3/8/2008 4:36:13 AM)

Hey Joel, good to see you here!

Nice answers, btw, I like what I see. Gary's and 2by3's games have always been very playable, and I love WaW.

BTW, are there any screenies of the Russian Front or War betweent the States up anywhere? I would love more info regarding WBtS too, since I have only heard this and that about it.

SoM

cdbeck -> RE: 2by3 Russian Front Game? (3/8/2008 4:41:07 AM)

Sorry Joel, just realized there is a forum for WBtS up, will check over there more. I love what I see - looks like the ACW game that I can play without feeling too dumb (AGEODs and FoF make me a little confused at times).

SoM

Gen.Hoepner -> RE: 2by3 Russian Front Game? (3/8/2008 11:36:47 AM)

Very very very happy!! Joel, you made my day!.
Anyway, imho 3-5 days turns should probably fit more on this scale than 7 days turn...but just imho!

Can we preorder?:-)

Keep it up guys. That's the way to go

invernomuto -> RE: 2by3 Russian Front Game? (3/8/2008 12:15:21 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Judging solely by forum traffic, I'd say that's flat out wrong. Even considering how large a percentage of users never visit the Matrix forums, the WitP forum is light years ahead of all the others in terms of activity.

I know, and I hope that you're right, but how much forum activity is an indication for a commercial success for a game? I bought both GG:WAW and WITP, but I follow only WITP forum. Moreover, GG:WAW, if I remember correctly, was sold also in game-shops, not only online. Maybe someday some Matrix guy will tell wich game sold more.
Bye

invernomuto -> RE: 2by3 Russian Front Game? (3/8/2008 12:17:35 PM)

Very good :)

Another pre-order for me [:D][:D][:D]

Thank you Joel

DrewBlack -> RE: 2by3 Russian Front Game? (3/8/2008 1:31:15 PM)

OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!

BOUT BLOODY TIME THIS WAS?IS MYFAVORITE WARGAME OF THE PAST 15 YEARS....just one thing Beef up the Ai!!!!!

Thank You !!!!

Drew

PS IF anyone is reading this... please sign me up for the Alpha/Beta testing NOW!!!

marcusm -> RE: 2by3 Russian Front Game? (3/8/2008 1:35:54 PM)

Regarding the new engine and naval.

A question to the WiTP veterans here. Would it be possible in theory to adapt that engine
to European conditions? (ala the Med game I was asking about). Are there even mod plans for this?

invernomuto -> RE: 2by3 Russian Front Game? (3/8/2008 2:41:02 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: marcusm

A question to the WiTP veterans here. Would it be possible in theory to adapt that engine
to European conditions? (ala the Med game I was asking about).

There is a mod for Med for WITP called War in the Med, but I never tried it and I do not know if it is updated anymore.

wosung -> RE: 2by3 Russian Front Game? (3/8/2008 4:37:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

quote:

ORIGINAL: wosung

And what about Intelligence? FoW? Do you plan to implement a simple Intelligence model like in PW? (In PW the US player gets various infos by choice). Thinking of Kursk...or russian maskirovkas (sp?), deceptions.

I like the idea of reserve units, eligible for bolstering up the defenses/attacks. Even cooler would be a counter strike option, or (tactical) Rules of engagement, like determining if the tanks are deployed in the 1st wave of attack or not. Thinking of the Model/Manstein approaches at Kursk...

Regards

Yes, sorry I know. I didn't meant to offend anybody. Just being curious. And used to the open and communicative World in Flames Subforum.

Regards

Monkeys Brain -> RE: 2by3 Russian Front Game? (3/8/2008 5:17:34 PM)

Can we all donate 50$ for a quicker development of this game? [:D]

Forget War Between the States we want this.

Custer1961 -> RE: 2by3 Russian Front Game? (3/8/2008 6:08:42 PM)

For most amateur businessmen, the key trigger in business is the point at which the consumer makes the decision to buy a product.  For professional busineesman, the key factor is the ability to completely capture the intensity of the demand in the market.

It seems to me, that games like BFTB and this announced East Front game have a much higher intensity of demand than "regular" wargames.  I think a perceptive businessman would capture this intensity of demand.  This could be done by higher prices or early commitment or some other inventive method.

But this is based on conjecture of a small vocal monority on a forum because I have no access to sales or the more general business-consumer interaction of "less involved" consumers in the wargame market.  

marcusm -> RE: 2by3 Russian Front Game? (3/8/2008 6:09:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: invernomuto

quote:

to European conditions? (ala the Med game I was asking about).

There is a mod for Med for WITP called War in the Med, but I never tried it and I do not know if it is updated anymore.

You have a link? This sounds interesting.
I realise the task is massive but I think this theatre has more potential than Pacific.

cdbeck -> RE: 2by3 Russian Front Game? (3/8/2008 6:37:29 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Monkeys Brain
Can we all donate 50$ for a quicker development of this game? [:D]

Forget War Between the States we want this.

Speak for yourself, Mario! [;)] I want both!

I'll play WBtS while I wait!

SoM

invernomuto -> RE: 2by3 Russian Front Game? (3/8/2008 6:50:53 PM)

quote:

You have a link? This sounds interesting.
I realise the task is massive but I think this theatre has more potential than Pacific.

Sure, here it is:
http://www.telefonica.net/web2/witp/witm/witm-e.html

Monkeys Brain -> RE: 2by3 Russian Front Game? (3/8/2008 7:01:45 PM)

quote:

Speak for yourself, Mario! [;)] I want both!

I'll play WBtS while I wait!

SoM

[:D] Yes, I was just kiddin. WBtS seems like nice game, Axis and Allies touch...

Mario

Ursa MAior -> RE: 2by3 Russian Front Game? (3/8/2008 8:58:21 PM)

Great news!

Where can I apply for beta tester (alpha?).

Charles2222 -> RE: 2by3 Russian Front Game? (3/8/2008 10:37:26 PM)

Oh drat, no daily turns. I thought perhaps we could use the game as a new measure of attaining manhood, out of future generations! Now we have to be sissies with weekly turns[:D]. I'm sure weekly turns will be fine anyway. It just wouldn't seem like an EF game if the frequency of turns were longer spans than weekly.

sol_invictus -> RE: 2by3 Russian Front Game? (3/8/2008 10:41:42 PM)

Good Lord this thing will be a real beast![sm=00000116.gif]

Grell -> RE: 2by3 Russian Front Game? (3/8/2008 10:44:35 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arinvald

Good Lord this thing will be a real beast![sm=00000116.gif]

Yeah, no kidding.

Regards,

Grell

Jeffrey H. -> RE: 2by3 Russian Front Game? (3/9/2008 2:22:19 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sarge
quote:

ORIGINAL: J P Falcon

If I'm not mistaken, I believe that the GG War in Russia game will be based on their WAW and  upcoming ACW game engine, meaning a large area map, not hex based.....

Is this true [:(]

Not true (in terms of the area-based map).

GOOD !

fengjian -> RE: 2by3 Russian Front Game? (3/9/2008 8:13:42 AM)

Thanks Joel !
new Russian front game is Turn-Based IGOUGO? NO WE-GO?

Jonny -> RE: 2by3 Russian Front Game? (3/9/2008 8:20:22 AM)

Glad I asked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ravinhood -> RE: 2by3 Russian Front Game? (3/9/2008 10:22:52 AM)

Of course you know it will be 2012 before this game is ready and welp you all know what happens in 2012? don't you? ;)

aitorful -> RE: 2by3 Russian Front Game? (3/9/2008 1:09:31 PM)

This game is a dream for me. Two cuestions:
- How is the german producción, similar to USA in Witp, because germany have two front like USA?
- When we'll see some screenshots? I know that isn't finished buat a beta map screen would be very interesting for me.

War in russia was a excellent game but is very old. We need a new game in the East front like that.

Terminus -> RE: 2by3 Russian Front Game? (3/9/2008 1:15:03 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: pailleterie

This game is a dream for me. Two cuestions:
- How is the german producción, similar to USA in Witp, because germany have two front like USA?
- When we'll see some screenshots? I know that isn't finished buat a beta map screen would be very interesting for me.

War in russia was a excellent game but is very old. We need a new game in the East front like that.

Monkeys Brain -> RE: 2by3 Russian Front Game? (3/9/2008 1:41:38 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ravinhood

Of course you know it will be 2012 before this game is ready and welp you all know what happens in 2012? don't you? ;)

Yes, maybe ravinhood is right. Joel mentioned "even years" of testing [8D]

Blah, back to TOAW, wake me when we arrive there.

ravinhood -> RE: 2by3 Russian Front Game? (3/9/2008 3:54:25 PM)

Now yer talkin TOAW III baby it's the wargamers game of wargaming. ;)

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI