Vehicle Question (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Modern Tactics

MikeAP -> Vehicle Question (3/7/2008 4:31:04 AM)

I love the CC series

There's just one thing that REAAAALLY irked me about all the games.

Vehicles never made any sound when moving.

Has that changed?

Andrew Williams -> RE: Vehicle Question (3/7/2008 11:42:47 AM)

There are no sounds associated with individual vehicles (only weapon sounds)

ANZAC_Tack -> RE: Vehicle Question (3/7/2008 1:02:09 PM)

except....

...in cc1 when u run over enemy, it made a nice 'crackling/squishing' sound...i have about 3/4 times in cc2/3/4/5 run oer soldiers at speed,standard 'death' sounds unfortunately...

MikeAP -> RE: Vehicle Question (3/8/2008 2:27:34 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andrew Williams

There are no sounds associated with individual vehicles (only weapon sounds)

Thats kind of disappointing. I was basing the purchase of this game solely on the principal that the effects on the game engine would've been updated just a TAD in the last 10 years.

Sad.

Howard7x -> RE: Vehicle Question (3/9/2008 4:29:11 PM)

I dont quite see how the vehicle noises make you choose to buy a game or not. Personally the sound of vehicles moving about in a game such as this would end up highly aggrivating for me.

The game engine has had ALOT of tweeks over the last 10 years.

Take a look at close combat.org and have a look more closley at the forums here to see the full list of changes to both Cross of Iron and Modern Tactics. There are some excellent improvements and the vehicles now move about alot better which was always one of my main gripes with the game. Take the plunge you wont regret it! [:)]

MikeAP -> RE: Vehicle Question (3/12/2008 3:29:12 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Howard7x

Personally the sound of vehicles moving about in a game such as this would end up highly aggrivating for me.

Realism. Thanks

Howard7x -> RE: Vehicle Question (3/12/2008 9:36:57 PM)

There are not that many wargames that get the feel of squad level combat down to the individual actions and emotions of each soldier like Close Combat does. Its a shame you cant overlook missing vehicle sounds as your missing out on some fantastic new features in CoI and CCMT. Each to there own. The engine may be 10 years old but it has moved on alot. Read my previous post. There are however some things in a game engine that simply cannot be upgraded. The sounds in close combat is one of them.

Can a developer please explain the reason why vehicle sounds are absent from the game? Im intrested to know myself, not that ive ever been bothered about it.

Im guessing seeing as all of the sound effects are samples they would not work so well on the vehicles as you would not be able to stream the different engine states, which means you would end up with just one horrible sounding continual engine noise? Which as i said before, would be highly aggrivating.

Fred98 -> RE: Vehicle Question (3/13/2008 12:20:47 AM)

As I heard it, there would be so much noise as to comletely overwhelm the player.

If each side had 3 tanks, the noise of 6 tanks would be deafening.

You would never hear that shot coming from the flank giving away the position of that crafty enemy.

-

Andrew Williams -> RE: Vehicle Question (3/13/2008 12:42:27 AM)

It's also a matter of scale...you are way up in the clouds viewing the action... not driving individual vehicles like a FPS.

There are background sounds of vehicles/planes/etc which add to the cocophany... then the sharp report of a cannon or MG.

Perturabo -> RE: Vehicle Question (3/13/2008 1:55:36 AM)

Exactly, it's a tactical game, not a war movie.

Also, there's a gameplay problem - what player sees is dependent on where the screen is. It means that the player would be able to precisely locate enemy vehicles by magically hearing it by moving the screen close to its location.

MikeAP -> RE: Vehicle Question (3/21/2008 3:59:02 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Perturabo
Also, there's a gameplay problem - what player sees is dependent on where the screen is. It means that the player would be able to precisely locate enemy vehicles by magically hearing it by moving the screen close to its location.

Yes. Just like real life. You can hear tanks for kilometers away.

Also - How about upgrading the engine with EAX?

I downloaded it anyway. and I have to say for a game being 10 years old, there is LITTLE that went into this production. I am so disappointed. I waited this long for a new Close Combat and it's just a big CC5 mod. Vehicle pathfinding and target aquisition are still piss poor.

Disapointing, if you ask me.

Andrew Williams -> RE: Vehicle Question (3/21/2008 10:24:00 AM)

quote:

it's just a big CC5 mod.

You must have downloaded the wrong game.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI