ETA next patch ? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III

L`zard -> ETA next patch ? (3/8/2008 10:45:39 AM)

SoKay;

You've heard about it, pondered the proposed changes.........probably worked out what differences it will make to your current game....

Anyone have a vague clue concerning the 'launch date' for the next patch?

I'm in the middle of a 'playtest', and would really like to see the 'final frontier' befor I get any farther, LOL!

Resetting 'monster' scenario's can be a 'chore', eh?

[:D][:D][:D][:D]

ralphtricky -> RE: ETA next patch ? (3/11/2008 6:11:33 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: L`zard

SoKay;

You've heard about it, pondered the proposed changes.........probably worked out what differences it will make to your current game....

I'm in the middle of a 'playtest', and would really like to see the 'final frontier' befor I get any farther, LOL!

When it's done.

I've started working on 3.4 already, so there shouldn't be any more code changes unless someone finds something really major.

How about an 'Elmer plays both sides for xx turns' option[X(] for PBEM. Civ IV has it. I'm not sure it would help playtest, but it sure might be entertaining.

Ralph

L`zard -> RE: ETA next patch ? (3/11/2008 7:37:59 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ralphtrick
How about an 'Elmer plays both sides for xx turns' option[X(] for PBEM. Civ IV has it. I'm not sure it would help playtest, but it sure might be entertaining.
Ralph

Ermm...While I bow in your general direction, Ralph, [&o][&o] methinx there's a whole bunch of better things to ask for than this, eh?

Especially when it comes to the use of YOUR time, [:D] Something about a 'compiled wishlist' comes to mind.....?

ToaW-Fanatic that I am, I've never played Civ IV, and really don't care about it, lol!

Lots more interested in what your gonna do with ToaW, and when, eh? [:D]

Especially as the 'playtest' in question has 'live players' , as it should for pbem, ....Silvanski is the guy to talk to re: elmer playtests, LOL!

He'd know about 30 times what I do on the subject....[:'(]

Silvanski -> RE: ETA next patch ? (3/11/2008 8:20:55 AM)

quote:

Ralph

Like: let Elmer run both sides during the opening 2 turns and then have the PBEM opponents pick up the game on turn 3 and try to make the best of the situation?

Sounds interesting if it could be implemented.

BTW I have to correct you L'zard... I only know 20 times as much of PO as you do[:D]

L`zard -> RE: ETA next patch ? (3/11/2008 8:32:40 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Silvanski
BTW I have to correct you L'zard... I only know 20 times as much of PO as you do[:D]

With all due respect, Silvain;

Possibly, as what I know can be written on the inside of a matchbook cover with a grease-pen, LOL!

I did notice that in the PO version of AF:1914 (entente PO) that a wider spread of objective paths might be a good thing...

Seems like all the Army of North Virginia units stack as 1)inf...and then 2) engineers and other assets...instead of mixed stacks, eh? I'll get back to you on this by email, LOL! [&o]

Silvanski -> RE: ETA next patch ? (3/11/2008 9:20:06 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: L`zardI did notice that in the PO version of AF:1914 (entente PO) that a wider spread of objective paths might be a good thing...

Seems like all the Army of North Virginia units stack as 1)inf...and then 2) engineers and other assets...instead of mixed stacks, eh? I'll get back to you on this by email, LOL! [&o]

Has to do with the OOB... Formations made up entirely of engineer units if I remember correctly

Boonierat -> RE: ETA next patch ? (3/11/2008 3:56:21 PM)

Ralph (or JAM), will you accept scenario submissions for next patch?

JAMiAM -> RE: ETA next patch ? (3/11/2008 5:03:05 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Boonierat

Ralph (or JAM), will you accept scenario submissions for next patch?

PM sent.

ralphtricky -> RE: ETA next patch ? (3/12/2008 1:53:21 AM)

quote:

quote:

Ralph

Like: let Elmer run both sides during the opening 2 turns and then have the PBEM opponents pick up the game on turn 3 and try to make the best of the situation?

Sounds interesting if it could be implemented.

I was thinking of something like 'Let George do it' with a box that allows George to run things for x turns, then reverts to either PBEM or Single player or hot-seat or whatever. Obviously, right now, it would be better at the start, and suicide near the end of a long scenario sice you haven't followed the objective tracks.

I don't know if it's possible or not. I'd have to blank the display or something while it's working which could make it impractical.

It might make some of the scenarios more variable. Let George do it for 5 turns then you need to take over and go from there.

Ralph

Levelworm -> RE: ETA next patch ? (3/12/2008 6:16:09 AM)

Is it possible to prohibit Elmer to touch anything that the player has touched in the same turn?
Thanks.

L`zard -> RE: ETA next patch ? (3/12/2008 8:59:43 AM)

quote:

I've started working on 3.4 already, so there shouldn't be any more code changes unless someone finds something really major.
Ralph

So the 3.3.0.6. patch is in the hands of the office-wienies, eh?

Evidently todays 'vocabulary powerword' is "Glacial" [:'(]

Silvanski -> RE: ETA next patch ? (3/15/2008 12:08:52 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Levelworm

Is it possible to prohibit Elmer to touch anything that the player has touched in the same turn?
Thanks.

You mean, making some moves and then let Elmer take over? As far as I know the only thing you can do is dig in units, thereby expending all their movement points for that turn. Elmer can't move them after you did that. If you set up attacks I don't know if he will lift those.. Ralph or James surely will know more...

ralphtricky -> RE: ETA next patch ? (3/16/2008 9:56:09 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Levelworm

Thanks.

You mean, making some moves and then let Elmer take over? As far as I know the only thing you can do is dig in units, thereby expending all their movement points for that turn. Elmer can't move them after you did that. If you set up attacks I don't know if he will lift those.. Ralph or James surely will know more...

Right now, Elmer clears everything and takes over form scratch. Eventually, I want to let Elmer take over some of the support formations, and let you set his objectives, etc.. but that's quite a ways off.

desert -> RE: ETA next patch ? (3/16/2008 11:07:57 PM)

Maybe you could "program" Elmer with the minds of deceased tactical and strategic geniuses? Or is that too far-fetched?

TOAW 6 or 7, maybe?

L`zard -> RE: ETA next patch ? (3/18/2008 5:42:14 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: desert
Maybe you could "program" Elmer with the minds of deceased tactical and strategic geniuses? Or is that too far-fetched? TOAW 6 or 7, maybe?
\

D;

Methinx that what your looking for is in the part that's up to the individual scenario designers, eh?

Poor Ol' Ralph can only offer the tools to do it with.........

Tho it would be nice if there was a 'compendium of How To's' concerning programing Elmer for his best functionality, hint hint! [:D]

desert -> RE: ETA next patch ? (3/18/2008 5:50:40 AM)

Sure, thats exactly what I meant...Yeah, lets go with that. [:'(]

ralphtricky -> RE: ETA next patch ? (3/21/2008 5:57:15 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: desert

Maybe you could "program" Elmer with the minds of deceased tactical and strategic geniuses? Or is that too far-fetched?

TOAW 6 or 7, maybe?

First' I'll have to hunt them down...[:D].

They're getting better articles on how to create a good strategic AI. For a long time, they've been stuck on the first person shooter AIs. As the CPU cycles increase, the're finally starting to move up to the more complex questions.

a white rabbit -> RE: ETA next patch ? (3/22/2008 1:26:10 PM)

quote:

quote:

SoKay;

When it's done.

Ralph

..only if we get an event to activate it...

..you, the player have been killed, there will be a delay while your replacement takes over, nice...

..or, only slightly related[:)] to a scenario not a million miles from my HD, Brooke-Popham is in command until T3, when you are posted to Malaya..

BillLottJr -> RE: ETA next patch ? (4/16/2008 9:54:18 PM)

Does anybody know if the 300x300 map mapsize limit will be increased in the next patch?

JAMiAM -> RE: ETA next patch ? (4/16/2008 10:05:11 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill II

Does anybody know if the 300x300 map mapsize limit will be increased in the next patch?

It won't be.

BillLottJr -> RE: ETA next patch ? (4/17/2008 1:51:47 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JAMiAM

quote:

It won't be.

Drat! Thanks for the reply.

L`zard -> RE: ETA next patch ? (4/17/2008 9:04:45 AM)

quote:

quote:

It won't be.

Something in a T-4 property then?

JAMiAM -> RE: ETA next patch ? (4/17/2008 10:01:23 AM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

It won't be.

Something in a T-4 property then?

That would be a more likely case than for TOAW III.

sPzAbt653 -> RE: ETA next patch ? (4/17/2008 10:28:47 AM)

More exclusion zones or more events?[&o]

JAMiAM -> RE: ETA next patch ? (4/17/2008 7:02:49 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sPzAbt653

More exclusion zones or more events?[&o]

The next patch is going to be fairly minor. The patch after that, we are revamping the turn start sequence to get rid of P1/P2 asymmetries. After that, barring any new bugs, we are going to shift our resources over to TOAW IV. So, major feature requests, other than P1/P2 issues, will have to wait until then.

Karri -> RE: ETA next patch ? (4/17/2008 8:09:37 PM)

I wanna beta test TOAW IV. I consider that to be the payment so that we don't have to duel at the dawn.

JAMiAM -> RE: ETA next patch ? (4/17/2008 8:25:18 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Karri

I wanna beta test TOAW IV. I consider that to be the payment so that we don't have to duel at the dawn.

Fair enough. I'll ping you when we're at that stage. Until then, however, enjoy a few more years of TOAW III goodness.[:)]

Jeff Norton -> RE: ETA next patch ? (4/18/2008 3:29:04 AM)

Bribes accepted???[:D]

macgregor -> RE: ETA next patch ? (4/18/2008 4:27:21 AM)

Thanks for that tidbit Jamiam. Perhaps a modified scenario with tactical naval house rules has a place then.

L`zard -> RE: ETA next patch ? (4/18/2008 8:46:32 AM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Karri

Fair enough. I'll ping you when we're at that stage. Until then, however, enjoy a few more years of TOAW III goodness.[:)]

(/waves hand in air)

ME TOO, James, ME TOO!!! [&o]

If you intend to make it fool-proof, your going to need a fool!

I can do that, LOL!

[sm=00000506.gif]

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI