forge of freedom help (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers

hogz4 -> forge of freedom help (3/8/2008 10:18:22 PM)

when I put CD1 in I gat a message that says Data error (cyclic redundancy check). please help

Marc von Martial -> RE: forge of freedom help (3/9/2008 2:55:30 PM)

Sounds like a CRC error, the disk is either corrupt (scratched for example), dirty or simply a dud.

Have you been able to read it formerly, does it work on a different computer?

hogz4 -> RE: forge of freedom help (3/9/2008 5:50:01 PM)

Yes I was playing it about a week ago. We were having problems with our computer so I uninstalled it. When I went to install the game again that's the error I got. The game will work on my home computer.

Walloc -> RE: forge of freedom help (3/10/2008 7:27:57 AM)

If the CD works on another computer sounds more like a bad CD- Rom drive/uncalibrated drive. That happend alot in the early days of CD drives, but its not some thing i have experienced or heard of in a number of years. U could read some Disks, but not others.
How old is the CD-Rom drive that give the CRC error?
If it isnt a DVD drive.
U said u have problem with ur puter, any thing that could have any effect on this. Meaning to do with CD-drive or like?
Changed drive?

Kind regards,

Rasmus

hogz4 -> RE: forge of freedom help (3/10/2008 10:25:54 PM)

The problem was with websites that has Adobe flash, they would never load. I uninstalled the game Thursday and backedup the computer til the Sunday before. The drive is a DVD drive on my laptop that is about 9 months old and runs Vista. The cd worked perfectly in my home PC.

Walloc -> RE: forge of freedom help (3/11/2008 1:38:34 AM)

Ok. i'd consider it very rare, but since the CD works in another drive, it could be a calibration thing.

Since u mention flash problems my gut feeling would be that this could very well be the issue, cuz of the others have issues if flash wasnt installed or installed correctly.
U sure have adobe flash installed now? the game requires it for the start up video's IIRC so its a necessity. Some what back in time ppl had issues with the game less thay had all the adobe stuff correctly installed IIRC.
I'd be sure to check that. I have a vague recollection about Eric(the designer) making a exe that didnt need flash. U might wana ask in the dedicated support forum for the game for that.

If its a calibration thing only see 2 possible remedies.
Clean the CD extra well.
Try and burn the CD and see if another disk will work, possibly burned it to a DVD-RW disk and see if that works. Its possible that it will help if its calibration thing, but its not a sure fire thing.
Is it only this CD or u experienced this before with other CD(not DVD) disks?
If its a calibration thing u'd normally see the problem with other disks too even if its only 1 in 10 that doesnt work.

Kind regards,

Rasmus

hogz4 -> RE: forge of freedom help (3/11/2008 9:52:05 PM)

I went to the adobe website and installed the latest flash player.

Walloc -> RE: forge of freedom help (3/12/2008 12:14:29 AM)

Since u apparently not the only one having problems with FoF and vista combo i suggest u look in that thread too.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1735724

Kind regards,

Rasmus

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI