2 minute warning? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron

MarshallZhukov -> 2 minute warning? (3/10/2008 2:15:31 AM)

Thought I'd ask about this, is there a way to make the two minute warning after taking all flags a little longer like, say, 3-5 minutes? In some missions I just find it difficult to race across the map to take that one flag when all the flags are taken by the opposition from the get go.

Andrew Williams -> RE: 2 minute warning? (3/10/2008 1:17:55 PM)

It is like that by design and is not meant to be easy

The scenario disigner would have considered this as an interesting variation in the campaign.

MarshallZhukov -> RE: 2 minute warning? (3/10/2008 4:38:55 PM)

It is very challenging and always nice when I succeed in taking that flag. Sometimes there were crazy mad dashes in WW 2 so it is realistic in that way. I guess I'll just find a way to get to the flag. 

Agrippa -> RE: 2 minute warning? (4/9/2008 5:38:52 PM)

I have also played a couple of mods where this was a problem.  After playing a few times I turned the two minute timer off.  I can see wanting to creat a mad dash, or prod a player into quicker action, but the game I played I had units rushing for the nearest objective at a full run and they still didn't make it.  I agree that a minute or two more would be nice.

himmelstoss -> RE: 2 minute warning? (9/17/2008 6:03:43 AM)

yeah, but this is fing retarded really! if i turn the 2 min off and lets say win one map and get to the next where all flags are in the opponents hand it immediately after setup and starting the map gives me a loss as a sudden death, so i will never be able to finish the game. that is truly awesome...not![:@]

any ideas?

much obliged,

himmelstoss

Andrew Williams -> RE: 2 minute warning? (9/17/2008 6:30:27 AM)

The scenario designer made it that way for a purpose ... to make you move.

But if you don't wish to play like that then change your settings.

From the Main Screen click on "Settings"

Set as you require..... in your case turn off "when all Victory Locations are taken"

[image]local://upfiles/2239/6A34DDA189454CB8A57A70B63A4CED23.jpg[/image]

himmelstoss -> RE: 2 minute warning? (9/17/2008 3:22:22 PM)

doh! did not understand that part i guess.

thx much,

himmelstoss

Hornblower -> RE: 2 minute warning? (1/18/2009 6:30:46 AM)

i make it 5 min to give me a heads up

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI