RE: Three Cheers for Jason Pethro (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series

Hermann -> RE: Three Cheers for Jason Pethro (2/11/2015 7:09:25 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Warhorse

Yawn, same old crap, I see.. Yeah, abandoned, is why Slitherine just signed myself and others for the devel team....officially... I keep coming over here periodically to see if anything is constructive going on, but alas is still always negative bashing. The programmer is making leaps and bounds BTW, so don't give up on it.

Interesting stuff here. I've known Jason for many, many years, No disrespect for him or his amazing talents. My complaint was simply the approach to patching the game. When we developed the Divided Ground Game it took years of trial and error and many discussions to get the thing working just right before we were able to approach Talonsoft with a finished product. The graphics went in last we fixed the system itself and got it working first. Changing graphic files doesn't make a game. The very basic errors in the AI such as setting target values and working out campaign deployment and effective use of transport, creating an effective anti-tank system and artillery response ( firm believer in indirect opfire for regimental and below artillery units. Effective inter arm coordination and AI Task force modeling, etc... I think that deployment templates and contact templates should be modeled into the Ai and a reactive objective selection process as well as a more focused approach to leaders.

Hermann -> RE: Three Cheers for Jason Pethro (2/11/2015 7:13:15 AM)

You guys need to realize how devoted some of us are to Tiller and the campaign series. I've spoken with John quite a few times and he is of the same mind : the games weakness is in the AI not in pretty graphic files and tweaking sighting rules.

Jason Petho -> RE: Three Cheers for Jason Pethro (2/11/2015 12:45:34 PM)

Then I think you'll be pleasantly surprised, Hermann.

noissy -> RE: Three Cheers for Jason Pethro (2/15/2015 11:23:09 PM)

Well, as one who has played this game since it's inception, and was
introduced to PBEM by Jason from the start, I will say that I just
love the game and when patches arrive, it just brings new life into
an old passion, so much so that I created my own club for guys to play
with!
So, for me, I will give my three cheers to Jason and the rest of the
development team. Long may we have you guys to depend on for the future
of a much-loved game.
For the negative guys, if you don't want to give three cheers, then don't
invade this thread, go moan elsewhere, please!!!

MrRoadrunner -> RE: Three Cheers for Jason Pethro (2/15/2015 11:39:54 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hermann

quote:

ORIGINAL: Warhorse

Yawn, same old crap, I see.. Yeah, abandoned, is why Slitherine just signed myself and others for the devel team....officially... I keep coming over here periodically to see if anything is constructive going on, but alas is still always negative bashing. The programmer is making leaps and bounds BTW, so don't give up on it.

No disrespect for him *Jason* or his amazing talents. My complaint was simply the approach to patching the game. When we developed the Divided Ground Game it took years of trial and error and many discussions to get the thing working just right before we were able to approach Talonsoft with a finished product.

LOL! Hermann you take first prize!
Meaning no disrespect while giving it and using Divided Ground as your crown jewel? C'mon, Divided Ground really?

Divided Ground was nothing more than a blemished afterthought to East Front, West Front, and Rising Sun. An opportunity for TalonSoft to make money off the success of CS.
Flush a toilet and you can make Divided Ground. IMHO, of course!

RR

MrRoadrunner -> RE: Three Cheers for Jason Pethro (2/15/2015 11:43:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: noissy
For the negative guys, if you don't want to give three cheers, then don't
invade this thread, go moan elsewhere, please!!!

LOL! Peter and I agree ... again![8|]

RR

noissy -> RE: Three Cheers for Jason Pethro (2/16/2015 12:04:46 AM)

[:'(]

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI