setup problem (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support

prurpnit -> setup problem (3/13/2008 1:11:28 PM)

whichever country i play with, I find it impossible to get out of the setup screen. I have read murat's tutorial, but it doesn't seem to help. I always get a message, when i press the phase advance button, that i must add more troops or remove a unit. if i remove an offending unit (usually an area is highlighted in red), another unit is highlighted.

This happens even if i place every available unit and factor on the boards. The problem seems insoluble-if I leave, for example austrian units off the board when playing austria, i am told that all units must be set up at initial setup. If i put them n the board, I don't have enough factors to ensure that empty corps are partially staffed. By way of example, austria has 4 fleets-3 light, i transport. The austrian player receives no transport factors, however, and only 2 light fleet points. The transport and one light fleet are therefore left as empty units.

can anyone help?

eske -> RE: setup problem (3/13/2008 1:47:22 PM)

You cannot set a corps or fleet counter on the board that is empty. You are asked to remove those.
But you must fill all your available forces in counters that are one the board. Select an empty corps counter on the board. Then doubleclick or click 'add forces to unit' button (bottom left window).

It is easy to forget forces of controlled minor free states. Check your national info window for any free states.
(For Austria that is only Venice, I think)

fvianello -> RE: setup problem (3/13/2008 1:49:03 PM)

I think you're maybe confusing fleets, corps and factors:

1. every nation has a fixed number of FACTORS (both land and naval) to setup
2. you may place as many CORPS and FLEETS as you like
3. you must place all FACTORS to finish setup
4. you cannot have empty CORPS or FLEETS on the map at the end of setup

for example, if you have 20inf factors to place, you can choose to put them in 1 single 20factors corps or split them in 2 10factors corps; the corps / fleets you don't use will be available to buy later in the game.
In any case, you must place all the 20 factors and have no empty corps or fleets on the map to exit setup.

prurpnit -> RE: setup problem (3/13/2008 3:14:43 PM)

thanks for this. I have used up all the factors for my troops. if i try to avoid stationing as fleet on the board, however, I get a message that I must place all units-thus forcing me to place empty fleet markers-has the game not loaded properly, perhaps?

prurpnit -> RE: setup problem (3/13/2008 3:17:40 PM)

I think i've done all these things-but still can't escape setup. I check that all infantry, cavalry and guard/granadier factors are allocated. I place my fleets (i've tried all and less than all) but still get told i must place factors or remove units. could it be the game hasn't correctly loaded?

i take it i can leave depots in reserve (though I have tried working on basis that they must all be placed as well)

fvianello -> RE: setup problem (3/13/2008 3:28:32 PM)

depots are ok, you don't need to place all of them.

AFAIK there are only two possibilities:

1. you didn't place all your factors (land and naval, minor countries included)
2. you placed some empty corps or fleet

click on an area of the nation you're playing and check in the lower left corner, you should see an indication of how many factors you still have to place; repeat for every minor nation you control.

Murat -> RE: setup problem (3/13/2008 6:29:11 PM)

Austria has 1 fleet to place and 2L that go in it. That seems to be your big hang up. You MUST place the 1Lt with the 2L factors. Do not place any other fleet counters and I think this will solve your problem. HanBarca (as usual) laid out some important things to note 4 posts up.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI