Why this modifier (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815

Dragonheart -> Why this modifier (3/14/2008 1:48:10 PM)

Hi,

In a combat ag france i had 3 austrian corps and 1 preussian corps under the lead of a preussian TMR 4 leader (Hohenlohe?) (Austria and Preussia allied) France attacked with a leader +1 Tactical rating above my leader. Normally this should give a +1 to france but the modifier was +1 for france and -1 for me. How is this possible??

Edit: no cav sup involved, clear terrain and no rivercrossing

eske -> RE: Why this modifier (3/14/2008 2:30:51 PM)

Hohenlohe is a 1.2.4 leader. You say he has 4 corps under him. Thats not more than his TMR of 4 (last number of 1.2.4).
That means his actual tactical rating compared in 14.11 Commander chart is 2. (center of 1.2.4). If Hohenlohe commanded 5-8 corps it would be reduced to 1. If he had 9 or more it would be reduced to 0. Can't get below that.

Now, if you are up against on of Napoleon (5.5.6) or Davout (4.5.2), and he has no more corps than his TMR (Napoleon 6, Davout 2), your opponent uses a tactical rating of 5. Comparing 5 vs. 2 on Commander chart gives +1/-1 die modifiers in french favor.

If this isn't the case, plz tell name of french commander and number of french corps.

/eske

Jimmer -> RE: Why this modifier (3/14/2008 6:01:53 PM)

Also, remember that one can get a +1 from either or both of tactical rating delta and/or cavalry superiority (double the number of cavalry). There are separate places on the battle display for each of these. They are also cumulative, but limited to a maximum die modifier of +1.

Dragonheart -> RE: Why this modifier (3/19/2008 5:32:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: eske

Hohenlohe is a 1.2.4 leader. You say he has 4 corps under him. Thats not more than his TMR of 4 (last number of 1.2.4).
That means his actual tactical rating compared in 14.11 Commander chart is 2. (center of 1.2.4). If Hohenlohe commanded 5-8 corps it would be reduced to 1. If he had 9 or more it would be reduced to 0. Can't get below that.

Now, if you are up against on of Napoleon (5.5.6) or Davout (4.5.2), and he has no more corps than his TMR (Napoleon 6, Davout 2), your opponent uses a tactical rating of 5. Comparing 5 vs. 2 on Commander chart gives +1/-1 die modifiers in french favor.

If this isn't the case, plz tell name of french commander and number of french corps.

/eske

I´m aware of the modifiers but as i statet he had the allowed amount of corps under his belt (3 austrian, 1 preussian) and the french leader was a "3" leader...sorry dont know his name as i´m writing from the office......so the difference in Tactical ratins is only one.

Thus should give a +1 to the french...but there was a +1 and a -1....and there was no cav advantage at all.......so i guess EiA does not count hohenlohe as leader of the mixed force but takes the simple 1/1 rating of the austrian corps which had no leader present.

Jimmer -> RE: Why this modifier (3/19/2008 5:36:53 PM)

A 3 leader vs. a 2 leader results in 0/-1. Then, add in cav superiority, and it can become +1/-1. That's likely what happened.

By the way, Matrix guys: THIS is the reason a player's leader should be able to voluntarily lower his tactical rating: To change a +1/0 (for a 4 vs. 2) to a 0/-1, and then be able to add cav superiority in.

A side benefit of being able to voluntarily drop the rating is that that leader can choose whether to have both sides have lighter or heavier casualties that round.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI