Fictional or real locations? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> FlashPoint Germany

omega_wolf -> Fictional or real locations? (3/16/2008 5:17:41 AM)

I'm very interested in this game, but I get the impression from the names on the screenshots that all the German locations are fictional? If this is the case, why? But, more importantly, are there downloadable scenarios with real maps, such as Fulda or Wurzburg?

CapnDarwin -> RE: Fictional or real locations? (3/16/2008 5:37:04 AM)

Wolf,

FPG shipped with 4 hand drawn maps of representative German terrain. So no, they are not real map location. Marc may be able to jump in and correct me on that. FPG does not have any map editing capability and decent scenario editor. The editor is not the most user friendly item so there are only a few 3rd party scenarios for FPG. These issues along with many others are being solved in the new game engine we are currently working on. The games will have data, map, scenario, and campaign editors. The focus will be on more realist locations with the maps. Not as pretty as the FPG but good looking enough to get the terrain across to the user.

Hope that helps. If you have any other questions feel free to ask. [8D] 

omega_wolf -> RE: Fictional or real locations? (3/17/2008 11:12:54 PM)

Thanks, Cap'n D -- that's helpful information.  I'll think on pass on the current game and wait on the new game engine you mentioned.

jjhouston4 -> RE: Fictional or real locations? (6/2/2008 5:09:52 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Capn Darwin
So no, they are not real map location.

Been awhile since I've been through here, otherwise I'd have commented much earlier. Seems to me that at least one of the maps is of a real world location.

[img]http://www.1stusvcav.com/images/fpg-rasdorf.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.1stusvcav.com/images/Rasdorf.jpg[/img]

OP Alpha is approximately grid 661 198, if I'm not mistaken.

CapnDarwin -> RE: Fictional or real locations? (6/2/2008 6:06:32 PM)

Cool, I did not know that some or all are based on actual locations. Learn something everyday.

Thanks for the info and where did you get/find the real map? Could use that in a future game or two. [:D]

jjhouston4 -> RE: Fictional or real locations? (6/2/2008 10:29:21 PM)

That particular map I got from a 14th Cav veteran who actually held onto it after using it for several years to patrol the old IGB.

I used it along with some other topos for work on another project.

I'll send you a link, check your PM's.

CapnDarwin -> RE: Fictional or real locations? (6/3/2008 2:28:48 AM)

jjhouston4,

Thanks for the link. Grabbing them as we speak. [&o][&o]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI