Real Time Strategy (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

NaKATPase -> Real Time Strategy (3/14/2002 10:33:17 AM)

This is a stab in the dark, but does anyone here play any of the
not strictly historical RTS games out there?

I myself could never get into the close combat series,
but I am a fan of the work that blizzard has done, particularly
starcraft, and potentially warcraft 3...

Any other players on this board? Any other RTS games I'm missing?

Mojo -> (3/14/2002 11:23:22 AM)

I played both versions of Kohan for a long time. Good games, very active community.

Raverdave -> (3/14/2002 11:32:08 AM)

I have found"Cossacks" and the add-on to that game "Cossacks- the art of War" to be good. Infact I have spent many a an hour playing it. Go to [url]www.cossacks.de[/url] and have a look. One of the things about the game that I really enjoy is the fact that unlike Age of Empires where you are restricted to only 400 units, in Cossacks you can have upto 4000 units. Gives you scope to build LARGE armies.

Ron Saueracker -> (3/14/2002 6:11:41 PM)

Europa Universalis 2 is an RTS but is more...it covers 400 years of time ending in 1820. Remake the world as we once knew it...through diplomacy, exploration, and military might. Put those "WOGS" under the boot once again! :D :eek: :cool: ;) :p :rolleyes:

Big Bill -> (3/15/2002 3:45:24 AM)

I still have my old computer up so I can play The Great Battles series, also I enjoy Sid Mires Gettysburg alot, Age of empires draw's me back in every once in a while too.

Les_the_Sarge_9_1 -> (3/15/2002 7:46:11 PM)

RTS is definitely alive and well and living at Matrix.

Although people like me think, anything not turn based, boring as hell slow, incredibly historically accurate, etc etc isn't worth playing regardless of how much praise the RTS fans heap on the designs that are RTS.

I have a friend that just lives for RTS games (actually has convinced himself he stands a chance against me outside of RTS and in my domain heheh):)

As Matrix was to some extent born of Steel Panthers dabbling I believe, it is not surprising to old fans of the site, that turn based rules.:)

hingram -> (3/15/2002 8:09:49 PM)

The more I play Close Combat, the more I like it. It has some AI issues but it is pretty good at keeping you on the edge without a breather.

I like SP better because I need the turns to take a break.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI