Temp access problems (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support

Marshall Ellis -> Temp access problems (3/19/2008 3:21:17 PM)

Hey guys:

Just wanted to apologize for this 1.02x fiasco (or instability). My main problem was the introduction of the temp access rule, allowing former enemy MPs 3 months to leave formerly hostile territory under their own direction. There were several holes in this code and I underestimated the effects of this change. I just wanted to drop you a note and let you know that we're trying to get another quick patch released to BETA shortly that will hopefully help close the temp access holes.

Now, back to coding...

DCWhitworth -> RE: Temp access problems (3/19/2008 4:35:03 PM)

Marshall,

I'm sure the apology is appreciated but I feel you're being a little hard on yourself. This was a beta release after all.

Jimmer -> RE: Temp access problems (3/19/2008 6:08:09 PM)

Don't beat yourself up over it. We'll survive.

Is it possible to remove the temp access stuff, and let the others come though? Not sure that's feasible, but offering it as a possibility.

Marshall Ellis -> RE: Temp access problems (3/25/2008 3:55:24 AM)

Jimmer:

I think we've closed up a lot of holes in this code and a new BETA ("G") should be posted here shortly...
Appreciate the support guys!

Jimmer -> RE: Temp access problems (3/25/2008 8:59:22 AM)

Sounds good. (And, G appears to be up now, although I haven't downloaded it yet).

Thresh -> RE: Temp access problems (3/25/2008 6:11:27 PM)

I must not be looking in the right place, where the update?

Thanks,
Todd

Dave_T -> RE: Temp access problems (3/25/2008 8:35:34 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DCWhitworth

Marshall,

I'm sure the apology is appreciated but I feel you're being a little hard on yourself. This was a beta release after all.

Feel free to be hard on yourself. You've released a product which, at time of release, didn't work. The first patch still didn't make it work. The Beta patch is nowhere near working.

Is this sour grapes? Yes, if sour grapes is being upset at paying good money for a product that fails to do what it's supposed to.

GZEPKA -> RE: Temp access problems (3/25/2008 9:03:20 PM)

Don't be hard on yourself. A project like this is huge and incredibly hard to debug. It is one of my favorite games, but I never thought anyone would seriously try to code this. I would rather program a compiler for an computer language I do not know, much easier.

I never even seen an EIA board game with different players that did not make it to Empire in Arguments.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI