End Game in Nov. 41 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Commander - Europe at War Gold

4afc -> End Game in Nov. 41 (3/21/2008 9:44:32 PM)

Hi all,

I just played the new patch 1.06 and was a little bit surprised that the game end in Nov. 41 with Axis victory, because I conquer all major cities. That means in this case UK. Russia was not at war with Germany this date. The setting was large allied.

[image]local://upfiles/25321/7A224398B8C84BD386945DA034492628.jpg[/image]

dpazuk -> RE: End Game in Nov. 41 (3/24/2008 7:23:06 AM)

I recently purchased the title and am less then impressed with the AI.

But, unfortunately, no AI will be a match against a human.

Apparently, the game really shines in PBEM. But, alas, I have no time for that.

Have you tried Advanced Tactics? On AI++ with random maps, you can get quite a workout from the AI.

panzers -> RE: End Game in Nov. 41 (3/25/2008 1:34:34 AM)

Do the Russians still like to attack in Dec. '41?

dpazuk -> RE: End Game in Nov. 41 (3/25/2008 2:02:52 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: panzers

Do the Russians still like to attack in Dec. '41?

Not in either of the games I have played. They usually attack in July of '41 (or there abouts).

I am playing my second game as the Allies with Medium Axis advantage. The AI has much more to play with and it uses all of it in attacking Russia. So much so that I am about to lose Russia! (I am about to make a last stand at Perm with what little forces I have left).

However, in doing so, the AI has left the West wide open for invasion (garrison's cities, but that is about it). All of the Axis aircraft is east of Warsaw.

All I need to do now is invade France and capture Berlin. It is quite the anti-climax as the AI did a great job in attacking Russia. It just needs to be more attentive in the West while doing so.

Alas, from reading the Sliterine boards, this appears to be the typical Axis AI behavior.

panzers -> RE: End Game in Nov. 41 (3/25/2008 9:14:20 AM)

I have found in this game that if France goes out of it's way to get in Germany's face, that tends to prolong the capture of Paris. Remember in Spring '40 except for the organization value, it's mono, o mono and no one has the expierence edge, As soon as they attack Belgium, I send in as many French forces as possible and the Germans have never been able to capture Paris before July, which, of course prolongs the Italian entrance. I lose a lot of French forces, but, they're French. Also, being that your from Ottawa, send in your home boy to London as soon as possible before the u boats come knocking. I think you can rail them to Halifax.

panzers -> RE: End Game in Nov. 41 (3/25/2008 9:20:35 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: 4afc

Hi all,

I just played the new patch 1.06 and was a little bit surprised that the game end in Nov. 41 with Axis victory, because I conquer all major cities. That means in this case UK. Russia was not at war with Germany this date. The setting was large allied.

[image]local://upfiles/25321/7A224398B8C84BD386945DA034492628.jpg[/image]

That's a whole lot of transporting. Where was the Royal navy? missing in action? you mean to tell me they didn't see you loading the transports? That sure is bizzarre
BTW. How did you get the production screen on the bottom left? Never seen that before

Bossy573 -> RE: End Game in Nov. 41 (3/26/2008 4:57:00 AM)

quote:

That's a whole lot of transporting. Where was the Royal navy? missing in action? you mean to tell me they didn't see you loading the transports? That sure is bizzarre
BTW. How did you get the production screen on the bottom left? Never seen that before

Seriously. I've been playing this game since it was released and I've never been close to victory in 1941, forget having dinner in Ottawa! I'll never be accused of being a genius with these games but the way some people are able to take these down like this is just amazing.

4afc -> RE: End Game in Nov. 41 (3/29/2008 5:42:05 PM)

Hi panzers,

quote:

This is the screen I got when the game ends. It was possible to click on some buttons, like "place units", but it was not possible to play further.

The Royal Navy ignores the german ships and like to stay arount england.

There is still a bug in the game. When germany conquers a city with port and a UK ship stays on that port, the ship is attacked by the RAF. The AI thinks "german port" = "german ship".

fiskog -> RE: End Game in Nov. 41 (2/10/2009 7:17:47 PM)

November 41, thats cool. It looks as if you built no tech, is that correct?

4afc -> RE: End Game in Nov. 41 (2/21/2009 1:11:40 PM)

yes, I build no tech. I can manage to win in June 41, so that russia has no chance to enter the war.

[image]local://upfiles/25321/A5822B3CFE5844319D40CC79B5FB6699.jpg[/image]

fiskog -> RE: End Game in Nov. 41 (2/23/2009 8:03:32 PM)

I crawled through the same hole in the AI that you did moving a hunk of army across the Atlantic, but invaded and conquered the US in spring 41 just for grins. The US folded on the second turn of war. Two tanks with hot shot leaders unloaded next to Washingtion with backup to follow were the key element.

SS Hauptsturmfuhrer -> RE: End Game in Nov. 41 (4/7/2009 12:01:08 PM)

I played a fair and square war against the allies and took over Russia as the Axis while I did little to combat the western allies except for sinking their ships and convoys using Italian surface fleets from about 1943 and I took over the UK in like 1945 or something after my air force cleaned it out.  I think the game plays out better with an Eastern front war rather than just preempting the western allies at the start of the game to end the war before it can start.  Russia fought very hard to the bitter end, but even by late war, the allies still had made no amphibious landings in Normandy or Italy so I sadly missed the classic battles to defend against the allied subjugation of Italy and France.

Then I tried the allies with AI+ and I defended France until April 1941.  I took over Berlin in like 43 or early 44 with British and USA units working together.  The AI Axis crushed through weak early war Russian defences and pressed almost back to Perm but took heavy losses from the technologically equalized Russian infantry in 1943.  The AI was very determined to take Moscow and Perm but left me in complete control of the south and some of the northern area.  A fair number of German and Balkan units made it into the southern areas but were cut off and reduced at Russia's leisure.  Definitely the AI ignored the western front and only sent one Panther to help the garrisons defend the west wall.  It would be nice to see the AI form up a reaction force in Normandy to stall for time while working over Russia and then again cobble together a defensive army for Germany.

YourAdmiral -> RE: End Game in Nov. 41 (4/8/2009 8:22:33 PM)

Hey, how did you embed the screenshot? I tried to do this with another post and couldn't figure it out.

SS Hauptsturmfuhrer -> RE: End Game in Nov. 41 (4/9/2009 10:55:43 AM)

There's a box you flag underneath the message box when you are posting. If you need more details, go ahead and ask.

YourAdmiral -> RE: End Game in Nov. 41 (4/9/2009 6:22:31 PM)

You mean the "Add Signature" box?

KingHunter3059 -> RE: End Game in Nov. 41 (4/9/2009 7:01:07 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: YourAdmiral

You mean the "Add Signature" box?

Humm on the normal page this does not happen, but when I did quote's I got this:
-

[image]local://upfiles/30865/015D0B083E83451EA32CE8843DCAB48E.jpg[/image]

YourAdmiral -> RE: End Game in Nov. 41 (4/9/2009 7:27:45 PM)

Weird ... I don't get the "embed picture" box or file upload ... any help, somebody from Matrix?

SS Hauptsturmfuhrer -> RE: End Game in Nov. 41 (4/9/2009 11:28:44 PM)

Don't use the fast reply under this thread. Make sure you push the orange button 'post reply' to the bottom left of the thread. You should then see the message box with the 'Embed picture in post' flag box underneath. Also try pushing the 'image' button which is above the message box which gives you the html code for adding the image link address.

I think your whole problem is that you are using 'fast reply' instead of 'post reply'.

YourAdmiral -> RE: End Game in Nov. 41 (4/10/2009 5:57:28 AM)

Got it. Cool! Thanks for the help!

[image]local://upfiles/29089/F720968A78C14057BD4CD08769F0AE29.jpg[/image]

SS Hauptsturmfuhrer -> RE: End Game in Nov. 41 (4/10/2009 6:07:12 AM)

YourAdmiral, it looks like a nice fight you got going there.  Did you take-down the UK?

KingHunter -> RE: End Game in Nov. 41 (4/21/2009 7:27:28 PM)

Good Catch! SS Hauptstrumfuhrer...

Jay

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI