How to PBEM (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series

Rowly -> How to PBEM (3/22/2008 5:39:10 PM)

I am a complete Noob (and 39)

I have signed onto the ladders and sent off a couple of challenges to find I have received a challenge.

What now? The e-mail states that you can't reply.

Can someone explain step by step.

Sorry.[:)]

Tac2i -> RE: How to PBEM (3/22/2008 6:09:50 PM)

The email you received should have specified who moves first and provided you an email address of your opponent. It is almost always a good idea to contact your opponent and determine the settings of the game you wish to play. If you move first, you create the map (if a random game) and take your first turn. Save it, quit the game and open your email client and email the saved game to your opponent.

seille -> RE: How to PBEM (3/22/2008 6:12:01 PM)

ThatŽs easy Rowly.
First you log in at the community site and go to your personal site.

There youŽll find the challenge with the option to answer it.

a) you decline ( you can explain why in a short message)
b) you accept

When you accepted you and your opponent will get a email telling you the game has
started. YouŽll receive your opponents email and the mail will tell you who has to do the first turn.
In case you do not receive the email you should check your email provider spam folder.

Before you start the game you can talk to your opponent so you can find a scenario or setup you
both like. For example i play actually only the scenaruio russia 1941 at standard settings.

For the PBEM settings: I would always activate "passwords" and "PBEM anti cheat"

Rowly -> RE: How to PBEM (3/22/2008 6:26:46 PM)

Ah,

thanks Seille.  It all became clearer when I found my personal page. 

Cheers
RM

seille -> RE: How to PBEM (3/22/2008 6:30:10 PM)

Have fun with your first PBEM

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI