Question - Japanese Players (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> 3rd Party Add-ons Area

IrishWolf88 -> Question - Japanese Players (3/24/2008 12:06:44 AM)

Newcomer to PureSim but have been playing OOTP for a few years. One of the features that kept me into OOTP was the ability to insert historical Nippon Professional Baseball (NPB) players into the game - legends such as Oh & Nagashima. Is there a way to utilize a "Lahman-style" database of NPB players to put them into PureSim? It seems like it is Lahman or nothing which rules out the Negro League greats as well.

KG Erwin -> RE: Question - Japanese Players (3/24/2008 5:15:55 AM)

In PureSim, you have the capability to manually create any players you wish. A Lahman-style database for Japanese or Cuban or Negro League or whoever players, to my knowledge, doesn't exist.

yazfan -> RE: Question - Japanese Players (4/5/2008 6:07:15 AM)

Having been able to add some Japanese leagues to the old Baseball for Windows game back in the early part of the decade, I believe there is a site that may work for this but I'm not sure of the address, let me research and I'll post it here shortly.

yazfan -> RE: Question - Japanese Players (4/5/2008 6:16:06 AM)

You might try baseballguru.com, there is plenty of downloadable stats there as well as a wealth of info on the Japanese league.

Frozen Stiffer -> RE: Question - Japanese Players (4/6/2008 3:47:12 AM)

Please note IrishWolf, that though Yazfan's site may provide all the info you need, you will still have to create these players manually. I would have to agree with KG in saying that there is no existing database from which you could simply import these foreign players as easily as you import regular MLB players off the current Lahman database.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI