RE: Steel Panthers and Vista (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

rsmigel -> RE: Steel Panthers and Vista (12/9/2008 5:30:02 PM)

I have the exact same problem with neon-like pixels running with a homebuilt ASUS MB and a GeoForce 7900GT video card. Smoke is a rainbow of colors!

rsmigel -> RE: Steel Panthers and Vista (12/9/2008 5:31:07 PM)

Oh, and I'm running XP Pro with SP3.

Alby -> RE: Steel Panthers and Vista (12/9/2008 8:26:13 PM)

some video cards seem to be more tricky than others, try updating drivers or even rolling back

Arctic Blast -> RE: Steel Panthers and Vista (12/9/2008 9:40:23 PM)

I used to have that issue on my old computer, until I slapped some additional memory in to it...never happened again. SPWAW is an absolute memory pig, so if you have a bunch of background apps running, shut down everything you can.

Aditya -> RE: Steel Panthers and Vista (12/16/2008 1:22:20 PM)

I am sure that the game will work in Vista. Steel Panthers World War 2 works fine with Vista. 

Lazareth -> RE: Steel Panthers and Vista (1/7/2009 3:57:12 PM)

I have an Alienware laptop (m15x) fully upgraded, and it's running Vista Home Premium. Other than a crazy fast scroll speed which planner 3 help me rectify easily, SP:WaW 8.403 ENH is running great.

One thing to note, if you Alt+Tab out of the game while playing, some quirks do pop up, but nothing bad. One thing is bad redraw graphics that last until I click the screen (which can cause a unit to move, oops). Another thing is that some graphics can redraw in different colors (like neon borders for buttons).

So all in all, the game runs great and I have zero problems with it.

planner 3 -> RE: Steel Panthers and Vista (1/7/2009 4:51:07 PM)

Laz....when you get neon colors popping up it usually means some other program is trying to access the comp. SPwaw is a memory hog, she's an old lady with lots of makeup, and she does not like sharing her lovers. She really dislikes Virus checkers butting into her boudoir. She may be old but gosh darn she's one heck of a cook, and she can speak foriegn tongues also.[:)]

Planner 3 (aka Chief)[8D]

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI