German Defend scenario bug? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Bernie -> German Defend scenario bug? (3/16/2002 2:43:40 PM)

I had this happen to me yesterday in a game...

The scenario was an Allied assault with a German defense. Computer was the Allies, human was the Germans. When I got to the unit selection screens there were so many units listed in the "Misc" section that I couldn't purchase any mines, they were scrolled off the bottom of the screen!

Anyone else have this problem?

This was version 7.0
:eek:

Insert -> (3/16/2002 4:47:00 PM)

When you buy german mines, change year eg. 1940 so mines are not out of screen. After that change year back to original.

Taglia -> (3/16/2002 7:41:54 PM)

I had this problem too ... I didn't understand the solution you suggest ... how to do it?

Resisti -> (3/16/2002 8:43:11 PM)

Hi Bernie and Taglia.
Taglia, I'll reply in english of course.
what Insert means is that in some cases(period of the war and/or nation involved) the misc units list is so long that mines' buy button, which is always at the bottom of the list does not appear on the screen.
A workaround can be to change the year to a period when it is known that there are less items available, so that ALSO the mines button appears on the screen.
But more simply, during the buying phase, do this:
1)click the "nation" button;
2)change to a nation with less items available to buy (normally Norway fits for this in any period of the war);
3)go in the misc page and buy yr mines;
4)click again the "nation" button and switch back to the original nation you are supposed to play with.

Now you can go on normally with the buying phase.

Taglia -> (3/17/2002 2:04:32 AM)

Thanks ... now it's all clear ;)
Ciao :D

Bernie -> (3/17/2002 3:37:20 AM)

Thanks to everyone who replied. The idea of changing years and/or countries never occured to me and I'll use it as a workaround from now on. However, I wonder if it's something that can be fixed for a future patch? Maybe move some of the items to a different list? Seems I recall some recon units there, along with a couple other items that could be put either under infantry or armor.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI