Air Group Won't Transfer (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

Coach Z -> Air Group Won't Transfer (3/29/2008 8:02:16 AM)

I have a Group on a carrier and it won't transfer to other carriers. They are in Range (several are within 2 hexes) and have room ....and I'm not even counting the 10-15% overage.
Why woud a squadron not transfer from one carrier to another...even another in the same TF...been playing around and even emptied another carrier of planes and I still couldn't get that 'squadron' to transfer! Very Frustrating!

bradfordkay -> RE: Air Group Won't Transfer (3/29/2008 8:09:49 AM)

I believe that there is a limit to the number of squadrons on a carrier as well as the ultimate limit on the number of aircraft. Thus, if the carrier's squadrons are severely depleted it looks like there is plenty of room for another squadron or two aboard the ship but it won't accept any more because it is already at its limit of air units aboard.

saj42 -> RE: Air Group Won't Transfer (3/29/2008 1:12:08 PM)

There is a max limit of 5 airgroups per carrier (including fragments)

I had a similar problem a year or so back. I think the solution was to have the CVs in different Taskforces, it seemed like the game didn't like to transfer airgroups between ships in the same TF.

wild_Willie2 -> RE: Air Group Won't Transfer (3/29/2008 4:09:09 PM)

Are you sure that those ac are not assigned to a restricted command ? (West coast, home islands etz.?)

Coach Z -> RE: Air Group Won't Transfer (3/29/2008 6:29:47 PM)

OK let me explain a little further the length of my frustration....
#1. Did not try and transfer group to carrier which already had 5 groups. I even stated I emptied a carrier of all of its planes (& therefore groups) and the other group still wouldn't transfer in. Actually the other Carriers in the same hex or within 2 hexes, do not even show up in the window after you hit the 'Transfer to Ship' button.
#2. I did try breaking up a TF and tried transfering the group to a carrier in a different TF (even to a different TF in a different hex-with less then 5 groups and available space) still nothing in the 'Transfer to Ship' window.
#3. These groups are on Carriers and none are assigned to a Restricted Command, it is assigned to "Independent". I even tried to change their command to the 4th Fleet, thinking maybe that other TF may not want to accept them but still nothing in the 'Transfer to Ship' window.

So why would they #1 Not Transfer, and #2 Why these Carriers are not even showing up in the "Transfer to Ship" window?[:(]

Coach Z -> RE: Air Group Won't Transfer (4/24/2008 7:58:14 AM)

HELP !!!! I am still getting this problem. Does anyone have a reason why? Please see the previous post before you answer.

Even docked and disbanded carriers when emptied of ALL their groups are not accepting planes which are A) Carrier Capable or B) Carrier Trained (but belonging to another CV).
One thing I was trying to do w/o giving my opponent too much intel was, I have a carrier laid up in dry dock and I was going to put her planes on the "Pretty-Carrier", while lettting the "Pretty-Carrier's" air group hang out, train and rebuild with the damaged carrier. But when I empty the "Pretty-Carrier" not a single group of the other carriers planes-currently based ON LAND (all nice & trained up and restocked)- will transfer to the "Pretty-Carrier'; she doesn;t even show up on the transfer to ship screen and the are well within range (less then 10 hexes apart)
Stock Game -Turning Point Scenario....A6M2'S, Vals, & Kates.

Is this a bug or am I just screwed?

wild_Willie2 -> RE: Air Group Won't Transfer (4/24/2008 9:48:25 AM)

Hmm, difficult to say, most likely a bug. The database of WITP is a bit "antiquated" and after a lot of turns small things usually start to go wrong. 

Most of the time they can be simply corrected by disbanding units and waiting until the system resets.

In you case it's problematic because it involves a major unit..

Send me a save game with the discription of the problem and I will have a look at it to see if it can be fixed with minor tweaking......

I assume you are playing a stock game under the latest patch 1.602??

$wild_$willie$2$@yahoo$.com (remove dollar sings)

As I am on CET, I will have a look at it this evening (it's now 8:48 am over here [;)] )

rtrapasso -> RE: Air Group Won't Transfer (4/24/2008 2:38:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Coach Z

OK let me explain a little further the length of my frustration....
#1. Did not try and transfer group to carrier which already had 5 groups. I even stated I emptied a carrier of all of its planes (& therefore groups) and the other group still wouldn't transfer in. Actually the other Carriers in the same hex or within 2 hexes, do not even show up in the window after you hit the 'Transfer to Ship' button.
#2. I did try breaking up a TF and tried transfering the group to a carrier in a different TF (even to a different TF in a different hex-with less then 5 groups and available space) still nothing in the 'Transfer to Ship' window.
#3. These groups are on Carriers and none are assigned to a Restricted Command, it is assigned to "Independent". I even tried to change their command to the 4th Fleet, thinking maybe that other TF may not want to accept them but still nothing in the 'Transfer to Ship' window.

So why would they #1 Not Transfer, and #2 Why these Carriers are not even showing up in the "Transfer to Ship" window?[:(]

Posting screenshots may help us spot a potential problem. Post pics of the CVs involved and the unit you are trying to transfer.

HansBolter -> RE: Air Group Won't Transfer (4/24/2008 7:45:17 PM)

I've run into a similar problem in UV where certain types of planes will not transfer to CVEs if the CVE is disbanded in port.

Every time I have tried to transfer a torpedo bomber squadron to a CVE I have either had to put it into a docked TF or have to send the TF out of the port before the CVE shows up on the list of available ships to be transfered to.

I have been able to transfer every other type of plane to teh CVEs while they are either disbanded in port or docked in port in a TF.

I haven't yet played WitP enough to experience it there but since the two games almost certainly share code this may be an old UV problem that carreid over to WitP.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI