Chickamauga - sound effects (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> John Tiller's Battleground Series >> Battleground Series Support

fkafka64 -> Chickamauga - sound effects (4/3/2008 4:35:50 AM)

It's a minor problem, I guess. This happens only when playing any of the Chickamauga scenarios (JT's BG Chicka). There's no sound for musketry or cannon fire, but I do get the sound of the explosions or musket balls hitting the target. All other battles are fine, I get all sounds, etc. I copied all .ogg files from one of the other battles over to the Chickamauga folder, but made no difference. Like I said, it's no big deal, but it does take away something from the game, no doubt [:(] Anyone had the same problem?

fkafka64 -> RE: Chickamauga - sound effects (4/4/2008 1:59:41 AM)

Not sure if anyone is interested [8|] but I figured it out. It's the AVI files in the Chickamauga directory that are faulty, there is no sound associated with the files. In fact, if you simply try to play those AVI's in media player or similar, you see the moving image but hear no sound. So I temporarily disabled the video effects in options and I finally got the "firing" sound effects. But since I like those little videos, I ended up copying the AVI files from another battle's directory and fixed the problem that way.
"whatever..." you say.
Life goes on. [>:]

lordhoff -> RE: Chickamauga - sound effects (5/25/2008 9:26:35 AM)

Bell yes I was interested! Besides, I like easy fixes (thanks). [:'(]

blueduck -> RE: Chickamauga - sound effects (9/17/2013 4:13:10 PM)

Thanks, Copying AVI files over from Shiloh fixed the problem.
Steve

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI