Getting SPWaW 4.0/4.1 upgrade (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Nixk -> Getting SPWaW 4.0/4.1 upgrade (9/26/2000 10:18:00 AM)

Yo, folks; I've played SP since it's infancy and I'm very dedicated to the game. This newer version only adds fuel to my passions, but alas since I only have a 56k v.90 modem it is taking me eons to download. So the question is, can anyone with the upgrade versions make me a copy if I send them a CD? I'm desperate, and since I did not get ver 3.0, I'm really, really searching for anybody who could help.

Wild Bill -> (9/26/2000 2:07:00 PM)

A number of folks volunteered earlier, but I don't know if they have filled their "dance card" or not. It might be better to just title your post, "can someone help me with a CD?" Otherwise they might miss it. And you definitely don't want to miss 4.0, 4.1, NixK. Being a diehard SP gamer, you must have this! Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

mogami -> (9/26/2000 2:27:00 PM)

Hi I had the same problem I bought PC Gamer to get the game CD then I download GetRight (link at top of Forum Page) then I downloaded ver 4.0 up graden It took 14+ hours but I did not have to watch machine while it download (I went to sleep for 8 hours) Every thing works fine once you change the files as posted you will have game faster using Getright then waiting for someone to mail you one. ------------------ I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a differant direction!

Greg McCarty -> (9/27/2000 6:34:00 AM)

The truth is that I've downloaded everything to date with a 56k v90. Including the 310Mb original game engine. Its quite do-able especially with the afore mentioned download software. As additional insurance, turn off all power management tools; all screensavers; then get your download started, turn off the monitor and walk away for the night. By next day, you should be set. Do it on the weekend. My initial download took about 19 hrs. (heh) After that, everything else was a piece of cake. Greg.

Graf Speer -> (9/27/2000 8:13:00 AM)

Greg hits the bull's-eye [img]http://www.matrixgames.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img] . . . I used the free "Get Right" download utility and downloaded 3.0 and 4.0 via my free netzero account in two nights (I not only walked away . . . I snoozed while it downloaded - the download was 100% successful.) -A

Bonzo -> (9/27/2000 9:10:00 AM)

I used Net Vampire to download the complete version 4.0. Got bumped off the server once, Had my ISP go down for a couple of hours. Had Win98 lock-up & crash due to a bad cluster developing on my HD. Despite all that, got it complete, in 36 hours elapsed time, first try, no errors. Now, if only my new HD would arrive, I could get on with work. Bonzo ------------------ Robert (Bonzo) Lindsay, Coordinator 28th (North-west) Battalion Headquarters http://dreadnaught.home.icq.com [email]nwbattalion@icqmail.com[/email]

Nixk -> (9/27/2000 10:28:00 AM)

Okay, I have Get Right. My only concern is what the phone bill will be like? For us low, under appreciated, poorly compensated, newly retired folks a budget is certainly a tight one if you know what I mean.

Pillbox -> (9/27/2000 10:55:00 AM)

I have a cable modem and the full version took about an hour with Download Accellerator. I couldn't get the complete file without using DL Accellerator, in fact. With a modem, make sure you are dialing a local provider. My locals calls are free for unlimited time given my current calling plan. As long as you have a dialup number close by, you probably won't have to worry about it. If not, post something to this board. Folks are really helpful with making CDs should you need one [img]http://www.matrixgames.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img] Good luck! P.

bchapman -> (9/27/2000 11:05:00 AM)

Nixk, If you want a CD, contact me at my email address (brchapman@1starnet.com) with all the particulars. By the way, I think that they skipped ver.3 and went straight to ver.4. Bascom

Bonzo -> (9/27/2000 11:59:00 AM)

That is true. Version 3 never made it out of beta. the version currently available on CD in the games mags are a 3 beta. Bonzo ------------------ Robert (Bonzo) Lindsay, Coordinator 28th (North-west) Battalion Headquarters http://dreadnaught.home.icq.com [email]nwbattalion@icqmail.com[/email]

Jon Grasham -> (9/27/2000 12:11:00 PM)

Just figured Id post it here as well, since it was the initial point of the thread. If you are interested in a SPWAW 4.0 (complete) w/4.1 patch (not sending em till it is on the disc) then e-mail me at grashamj@earthlink.net Also, may want to send another e-mail a day or 2 afterwards, as Ive gotten quite a few, and am doing my best to keep my list up to date, but am sure I've missed a few in there... Im gonna start rechecking through my e-mails (have TOO MANY old messages, making it even harder.. :-).So, send an extra to be safe. Also, if you have sent me an e-mail, and I have not responded, chances are I got it, just no reply yet. I only ask postage be paid, and Ill provide the disc. Seems that postage from me to you w/ disc is gonna run ~$1-2 (probabl closer to 1) as best the USPS can tell me.

Red Baron -> (9/27/2000 2:13:00 PM)

Hi Nixk.. Just send me your snail-mail and i ship a copy ASAP [img]http://www.matrixgames.com/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img] If you want to wait till 4.1 is released just said the word... Regards..Red Baron. ------------------ "SEMPER PARATUS" An Old Hawk Soldier Is Allways Ready!!

Greg McCarty -> (9/28/2000 9:55:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by Nixk: Okay, I have Get Right. My only concern is what the phone bill will be like? For us low, under appreciated, poorly compensated, newly retired folks a budget is certainly a tight one if you know what I mean.
Well, the phone bill really wasn't an issue since my ISP (MSN) is a local call. The only way you will get stung is if your ISP is a long distance call, or if your billing happens to be metered rate which I believe only penalizes you for frequent outgoing calls. If you have local private line flat rate billing, a long duration call like that shouldn't do much but tick off those that might be trying to reach you during that period. Greg.

Nixk -> (9/30/2000 2:32:00 PM)

Well folks, I apreciate all the support. Whit Whittle has heard my cry and is willing to make a CD for me. As soon as I can get a folder, it will be in the mail :-) Thanks for all of the responses, and I'll see you out on the battlefield!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI