Questions about Leaders (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Commander - Europe at War Gold

Harrybanana -> Questions about Leaders (4/10/2008 9:06:21 PM)

I have a couple questions about leaders:

1. Does the 8 hex range of their leadership rating extend over water? In other words if a leader is attached to a unit located in southern England would he provide any benefit to a friendly unit located across the English Channel in Northern France?

2. Does the leader's leadership rating effect all friendly units within range or just units of the same nationality? In other words do German Leaders benefit Italian units within range? Do American Leaders benefit British units with range? etc.

alaric318 -> RE: Questions about Leaders (4/10/2008 9:28:06 PM)

greetings,

1- i have not idea ot this

2- as far as i know you need a commander for each nationality, in example, if you defend paris with a mixed force of germans and italians you will need a german and an italian commander, at least, my gaming experience does show this way, i do defend paris with mixed force, better german commander, but i do know that italian units are not getting the better german commander's bonus.

hope it helps,

with best regards,

Murat30.

Harrybanana -> RE: Questions about Leaders (4/16/2008 6:08:01 AM)

Thanks Murat.

Does anyone else know the answer to my 1st question?

dsl190 -> RE: Questions about Leaders (4/17/2008 6:56:15 PM)

I read a post which said that the 8 hex leadership range does indeed stretch across water, but I have not done any experiments to confirm this.

Bromley -> RE: Questions about Leaders (8/26/2008 12:40:57 PM)

Add on question.  Do German commanders help with satellite Axis units (Romania etc)?

El Condoro -> RE: Questions about Leaders (8/26/2008 2:44:04 PM)

1. Leaders give Efficiency bonus across water to 8 hexes. Other bonuses only to unit they are attached to.
  2. They are tied to their nationality, so German leaders won't affect Italian units, for example.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI