New Issue (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> John Tiller’s Campaign Series Support

yeats -> New Issue (4/12/2008 5:54:10 PM)

I've installed the game on a new laptop - I have a problem when trying to start a game. Most of the time, I just get a black screen, however sometimes I will get a message : Video Not Available Cannot Find vids:msvd decompressor. When this comes up I do get the game menu and can play a game. What do I need to obtain to get this to work.

Thanks.

Jason Petho -> RE: New Issue (4/12/2008 6:35:26 PM)

Well, this is beyond me, but maybe ensure that your video drivers and what not are all up to date.

Jason Petho

countblue -> RE: New Issue (4/12/2008 10:39:15 PM)

Which Operating System do you use?
Vista or XP?

This could have something to do with the start up sequence (animated logo).
(To Jason:Is there an option to skip it?)

If its XP:
Alternativly if its not your video drivers it could be a missing update in your Operating System
If you havent updated your Windows XP recently you can DL that cummulative Update (all Updates that came out after SPII) from the following URL. http://tinyurl.com/5kt83v

If its Vista:
Turn of effects for the game program.

HTH
Countblue

Hermann -> RE: New Issue (4/13/2008 4:06:15 AM)

went through that years ago - simply go into the talonsoft folder and delete the video file

Jason Petho -> RE: New Issue (4/13/2008 7:55:52 AM)

Thanks countblue and Hermann.

Hopefully the suggestions will help.

Jason Petho

yeats -> RE: New Issue (4/13/2008 2:21:44 PM)

I have both XP and Vista but in this case am using XP. I can go to the file and play it thru explorer with no problems - if the file that is causing the problem is MatrixIntro.avi. I should be up to date with XP as I have all the updates up to service pack 3. The weird thing is when I do an internet search on the error message I get info for problems with Win95/98. Bizzare - I think it might be a problem with my video driver - I noticed some other issues also. Is there a way to turn off the intro? I'd rather not delete it at this time.

Jason Petho -> RE: New Issue (4/13/2008 7:29:54 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: yeats

I have both XP and Vista but in this case am using XP. I can go to the file and play it thru explorer with no problems - if the file that is causing the problem is MatrixIntro.avi. I should be up to date with XP as I have all the updates up to service pack 3. The weird thing is when I do an internet search on the error message I get info for problems with Win95/98. Bizzare - I think it might be a problem with my video driver - I noticed some other issues also. Is there a way to turn off the intro? I'd rather not delete it at this time.

Maybe cutting and pasting the file into a different folder? That way you still have, but the program won't find it when it is looking to start it up.

Jason Petho

yeats -> RE: New Issue (4/14/2008 5:09:11 AM)

I did just cut and paste to a new folder and now have no problems as earlier suggested.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI