Island Cities (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series

DeadInThrench -> Island Cities (4/13/2008 9:07:30 PM)

I'm playing this ramdom generated game against the computer and, the map generator generated this 'lake' with two island cities (villages actually) in it and there are no ports on the lake on the coast, and I am thus having a problem in taking control of these cities.

I built an air transport and 10 paratroopers but the game will not let me go over water to paradrop them. I considered getting engineers to build a port on the coast but thinking about it doubt I would be able to build a cargoship in the port hex.

So, is there any ways these cities can be taken?

DiT

seille -> RE: Island Cities (4/13/2008 9:41:15 PM)

You canīt move transports with paras over water ?
Thats new to me.
You should be able to drop them on a non city island hex within 10 hexes range of your
airfield.

Building a port wonīt work since the port canīt produce cargoships.

DeadInThrench -> RE: Island Cities (4/13/2008 10:26:25 PM)

Oh, apparently the reason I can't drop on the island villages is because they are villages, not because there is water in between. But, they are still one hex island cities (there are two of em) and thus it looks like there isn't anyways they can be reached or otherwise brought under control.

No?

DiT

seille -> RE: Island Cities (4/14/2008 10:08:28 AM)

One hex island cities you canīt capture without own coastal cities because
itīs not allowed to drop paras over cities. A neighbour hex would be ok, but if there
are no neighbour hexes you will not be able to get them.

JAMiAM -> RE: Island Cities (4/14/2008 11:51:08 AM)

Those aren't cities. They're Shaolin Monasteries, and obviously your Kung-fu is no match for theirs...[:D]

Jeffrey H. -> RE: Island Cities (4/14/2008 9:45:12 PM)

I think you can build a unit at a port. If that is the case then you could build the port, create a new unit from teh newly built port hex, transfer the cargoships from the HQ that has them into the new unit.

Will that work ?

Jeffrey H. -> RE: Island Cities (4/14/2008 9:47:16 PM)

...now that I think of it, it won't work. It prolly won't allow the HQ to transfer the cargoships across land. Makes sense I suppose.

hrrrmmm....

seille -> RE: Island Cities (4/15/2008 12:01:07 AM)

There is no way Jeffrey.
If he has no coastal cities and the island are one-hex-villages he canīt capture them
except he teached his troops to walk over water [:)]

Jeffrey H. -> RE: Island Cities (4/15/2008 3:50:36 AM)

...what about diplomacy ?

Ande -> RE: Island Cities (4/23/2008 3:38:34 PM)

Can't anyone make an amphibious apc?

Nort -> RE: Island Cities (4/30/2008 2:29:49 AM)

I just lived this nightmare. I placed Cruiser around the island to kill supply in or out. Then I levelbombed the island to reduce the supply capacity and recon the island to make the units appear. Then I bombarded the island with my Cruisers. Then I divebombed the island. After 8 turns, I have wiped out the island's occupiers. Then I dropped paratroops in to take possession. Now I am sailing Engineers to rebuild the city. Then I will garrison it with some stuff.

I am starting to wonder if it was all worth the time, effort and resources ...

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI