New player wondering about which mods to use (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron

Talarius -> New player wondering about which mods to use (4/14/2008 7:11:08 PM)

Hi,

Actually, I'm not a new player. I own CC2, 3, 4 & 5 and have played CC3 through multiple times over the years but I've never used any mods, just the standard game.

I recently found out about CoI and bought it a few days ago. I've been playing the Grand Campaign, but I guess that's the old campaign. I'll have to try the new one? MMCC3?

Anyway, I've done a little looking around here and mods seem to be the big thing with CC3. I wouldn't mind a mod that encouraged my infantry to spread out a little more. I found a long thread about how the AI tends to buy too many tanks, so I wouldn't mind a mod that limited that. Other than that, I suppose I'd like to play on some different maps as I have played over the originals many times.

Any suggestions for which mods are most useful/popular/effective re: the above would be great.

Thanks very much! [:)]

Andrew Williams -> RE: New player wondering about which mods to use (4/14/2008 11:34:43 PM)

Hi

1. The new campaign is "Cross of Iron Grand Camaign"  "Fuger's Ostliche Wut '43 ~ '44" at the bottom of the campaigns list.

This campaign uses all new maps included in the release.

2. You can check out this site for mods http://closecombat.matrixgames.com/CoI/coimods.html

The infantry mod does what it says, limits the amount of tanks available.

All the mods are worth downloading and playing , each adds something new to the game.

Tactics -> RE: New player wondering about which mods to use (4/29/2008 3:09:40 AM)

I highly reccomend the infantry mod, I guess it used to be called "real infantry"; once I found it I never went back, and that was years before CIO came out.

Hellmut34 -> RE: New player wondering about which mods to use (4/29/2008 11:25:14 AM)

well if you want a good infantry based game try the Great War mod. I am currently playing this and its fantastic!!
[&o]

KC -> RE: New player wondering about which mods to use (10/30/2008 8:24:53 AM)

anyone know if the infantry mod is compatible with any other mods? i'm playing through commonwealth summer and there's just too many damn tanks. I love the infantry only action in the vietnam infantry mod!

Andrew Williams -> RE: New player wondering about which mods to use (10/30/2008 10:53:42 AM)

No it's not compatible

but you cpould make your own as I don't think there was ever a Commonwealth Summer infantry mod.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI